Project Blowed question....

Mr_DelmontMr_Delmont 279 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
Does the Fish n' Chips record really exist?Got into an argument with someone about its existence. I know someone was talking about this record on here a year or so ago.... but no pictures of it. If it does exist why is it so elusive? I've yet to see it for sale anywhere including ebay.

Comments

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

• anasarcasmanasarcasm 365 Posts
    Good idea, I would love to find the track on wax as well. But, I don't think Fish n Chips ever made it's way on to vinyl. The CVE wax that I think you may be referring to is this 12" I posted awhile ago.

ps-fish n chips as far as i know only appeared on the declassified cd

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts

Thanks makes me hungry.

I have never even heard project blowed.

I mean the word in the title is BLOWED.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    I would love to find the track on wax

was "can you love a villian" on the flip side of that 12"? i remember hearing that came out on vinyl as well.

• Mr_DelmontMr_Delmont 279 Posts
    Anyone have a extra copy to trade/sell of the CVE 12"?

Anywhere on the net to find a complete discogaphy of Project Blowed/Afterlife related releases?

Anywhere on the net to find a complete discogaphy of Project Blowed/Afterlife related releases?

www.suburbanbackpackrap.net

• ArchaicArchaic 633 Posts

And Leimert Park is suburban how?

no, but that is who primarily listens to that stuff

no, but that is who primarily listens to that stuff

If a tree becomes furniture in the suburbs...

it's a Volvo???

• weak. suburban kids buy something like 90% of music period.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    delmont, although it's not a complete list of every blowed related record (that'd be an insane undertaking!), A HREF="http://members.aol.com/ProfQuater/Jump_Page.html" target="new">werner's site has a ton of artist discographies, comprehensively covering quite a few blowdians (fellowship, busdriver, nonce, medusa, etc.). no cve though.

Noz

Thanks for the link.

I'd like to get my hands on the Animal Pharm -Pharmaceuticals (the First Exploration - EP). I thought it only came out on tape.

The hunt begins.

weak. suburban kids buy something like 90% of music period.

oh geez just so weak.

OH WEAK! WHAT A WEAK STATEMENT>

I didnt say buy, i said listen

• anasarcasmanasarcasm 365 Posts
    I only know one person that has that CVE 12". It came out in 90 I think. Fish doesn't even have a copy of that. I would love one as well.... Do you have the Kaos Coup EP on wax? To me the essentials on wax from Afterlife/Blowed are: KAOS EP and the Afterlife 12-inches (Eastside Bastads, Busdriver-Walking Dead, OMD-Mosh to the Sun, Legion, etc), OMD-Exitos EP, the old ATU records, and the first Blowed compilation. I'm sure I'm missing something, but those are my favorites.

• semantics. thats true of all rap music smart ass. its not like inner city youth are the only people buying g-unit crap. suburban kids are the domainant demographic in any music market whether you are talking about buying it or listening to it. as someone who actually lived a few blocks from project blowed for many years and whatched plenty go down there, yes, suburban kids listen and ate up the project blowed shit, but they aint the only ones. and they aint the ones who started it and it was never aimed at them. i think your suburbanbackpackershitcomments fit better in the common kanye thread okayplayer.

semantics. thats true of all rap music smart ass. its not like inner city youth are the only people buying g-unit crap. suburban kids are the domainant demographic in any music market whether you are talking about buying it or listening to it. as someone who actually lived a few blocks from project blowed for many years and whatched plenty go down there, yes, suburban kids listen and ate up the project blowed shit, but they aint the only ones. and they aint the ones who started it and it was never aimed at them. i think your suburbanbackpackershitcomments fit better in the common kanye thread okayplayer.

man you need to check yourself with the name callin.

THAT SHIT IS SUBURBAN HOP MAN! FUCK IT! IM CALLIN IT HOW I SEE IT>

SEMANTICS HUH? Ok then fuckin drop it.

I dont give a fuck if you lived all up in Project blowed. It is a group that "white suburban I think i am more hip hop than thou" kids dig on.

I dont care who buys shit or whatever. You ask kids in the hood who project blowed is and damn near all of them wont know or care, ask em who g-unit is and they will know.

I know they didnt start it and I dont care who it was aimed at, but that is who is all about it now.

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    Suburban? LA is one giant suburb, with urban areas intermingled. A lot of rappers come from those suburbs. Like the suburb of Compton.

• man you need to check yourself with the name callin.

I dont give a fuck if you lived all up in Project blowed. It is a group that "white suburban I think i am more hip hop than thou" kids dig on.

I dont care who buys shit or whatever. You ask kids in the hood who project blowed is and damn near all of them wont know or care, ask em who g-unit is and they will know.

I know they didnt start it and I dont care who it was aimed at, but that is who is all about it now.

Why does the listening demographic matter so much to some people?

Those same "kids in the hood" probably know who Limp Bizkit is too. Fuck, I work up in Spanish Harlem and saw a "hood kid" in an Interpol t-shirt the other day. Should I be checking for them too?

semantics. thats true of all rap music smart ass. its not like inner city youth are the only people buying g-unit crap. suburban kids are the domainant demographic in any music market whether you are talking about buying it or listening to it. as someone who actually lived a few blocks from project blowed for many years and whatched plenty go down there, yes, suburban kids listen and ate up the project blowed shit, but they aint the only ones. and they aint the ones who started it and it was never aimed at them. i think your suburbanbackpackershitcomments fit better in the common kanye thread okayplayer.

GGGGGG G UNIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You ask kids in the hood who project blowed is and damn near all of them wont know or care, ask em who g-unit is and they will know.

And there we have it...the end-all be-all litmus test for rap.

If the hoods in your nearest hood ain't up on the hoods from some other hood then hoods in that hood ain't hoods.

Or is it vice versa? I'm lost.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

I'm sayin' though!

Steve from IT and Jenny from some slutty sorority have very similar to taste to Cee-Lo Chuck and Latrice from the Nail Salon.....

YES I AM AGREEING WITH ARCHAIC!

Ya, that CVE 12 i've only seen on here. I would love to get my hands on one.

If anybody needs that Kaos Cou De Ta EP.....Below the Surface came across a bunch of them. Only selling them for like 14 bucks or something. Worth the price for that CVE track Art of War alone.

• man you need to check yourself with the name callin.
    your right, uncalled for, my apologies.

and i'm willing to bet this holds true in identical ratios for suburban kids, too.

why is it so important to you to invalidate this anyway? it aint even like anybody in the thread was busy talking about the latest aceyalone drivel, we're talking now classic la underground hip hop. it has been 10 years. drawing opinons on these artists based on the majority of where their fan base lives and what color they are 10 years out seems strange. this comparison would be just as akward for an endless number of other artists and whole genres. see the story of punk rock for further reference.

your right, uncalled for, my apologies.

and i'm willing to bet this holds true in identical ratios for suburban kids, too.

why is it so important to you to invalidate this anyway? it aint even like anybody in the thread was busy talking about the latest aceyalone drivel, we're talking now classic la underground hip hop. it has been 10 years. drawing opinons on these artists based on the majority of where their fan base lives and what color they are 10 years out seems strange. this comparison would be just as akward for an endless number of other artists and whole genres. see the story of punk rock for further reference.

All good hommie.

For record I am mos def not trying to invalidate it.

I have no opinion of the artists at all really. I am just sayin....

No real point I guess.

But these dudes could be great or really corny for all i know. BUt what I do know is that the stuff suburban "undergound hip hop kids" listen to, i generally dont like.

For record I am mos def not trying to invalidate it.

I have no opinion of the artists at all really. I am just sayin....

No real point I guess.

But these dudes could be great or really corny for all i know. BUt what I do know is that the stuff suburban "undergound hip hop kids" listen to, i generally dont like.

Otherwise known as talking out ya azz.

OK, now I haven't yet mentioned portions of Ludacris's verse on that Ciara song where he experiemnts with what should by now be a trademarked Blowed flow....but I just caught a Terror Squad video on MTV2 and damned if it isn't as big as ANY instance of blatant Blowed biting as there ever has been. Seriously they might as well have grafted the mouths of Mikah, Acey, Khule, Trend, etc. on to their own. Fat Joe is such a freakin tool, I swear.

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    Worth the price for that CVE track Art of War alone.