Istanbul....

dreskieboogiedreskieboogie 951 Posts
edited April 2006 in Strut Central
Im off to Istanbul later this month so if anybody has some recommendations as to which records to look for and where please let me know...Of course also if you have other tips like where to go out for concerts, clubs, food etc etc or anything else related to Istanbul for that matter then please give me a shout.Much appreciated!Dress

Comments

• Bump....

Nobody on the Strut is digging the Turkish sound? Nobody on here has been to Istanbul?

I dont believe you guys! Spill the beans.

Holla,

Dress

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    Bump....

Nobody on the Strut is digging the Turkish sound? Nobody on here has been to Istanbul?

I dont believe you guys! Spill the beans.

Holla,

Dress

the turkish sound is fucking ridiculous!!!! turkish shit is some of the best out there.....however, i have no help to offer. wish i did!

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Bring me back some opium, and a 3 Hur El record.

• hertzhoghertzhog 865 Posts
    Damn, I remember a couple of record stores, but unfortunately I'm not 100% on the name of the district where I found them-- it might've been Beyoglu. Anyway, there's this fish market connected to the main street (promenade) there, about half-way into the fish market, there's a concentration of used book stores, and among them you can find a small shop overflowing with dusty records. Very nice owner, Turkish stuff (the Boris Manco kind) is expensive though. There's another spot in a humble shopping centre on the same street (with a bunch of small boutiques) and there's a pretty dope store here as well. A nice selection of new and old, although the shop keepers can be a bit arrogant. If you find either of them, I'm sure they can lead you to the other one.

I found some 3 Hur El 45s at a used book store, but beware of outlandish prices even for the most beat sleeveless records.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    All I can offer is that it's not constantinople.

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    yo dress, you need to speak to the guy who posted the turkish funk comp thread late last year, cant remember his username unfortunately,....but i do remember that those turkish mp3s were reeeal nice!!!
    anyone on here recall the guys name???

caught a baris last summer:

good luck with your trip!

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    yo dress, you need to speak to the guy who posted the turkish funk comp thread late last year, cant remember his username unfortunately,....but i do remember that those turkish mp3s were reeeal nice!!!

if im not mistaken his name is lazarus.

dress maybe you should try hitting up some of the sellers on ebay for recommendations? the ones ive been in contact with have all been real nice people.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

if im not mistaken his name is lazarus.

dress maybe you should try hitting up some of the sellers on ebay for recommendations? the ones ive been in contact with have all been real nice people.

I checked the username database and no lazarus..however i think he appeared in a european strutter thread...

When he came out..he was a real dude about spots and turkish knowledge..you should really try to find him

• His name is lasarus but unfortuneatly he's traveling around the globe until august. I don't think he's going to check his mail or soulstrut at all. But I think dress already been in contact with him?

peace

• progbeatzprogbeatz 451 Posts
    OKAY TEMIZ[/b]

• Thanks for the help and recommendations. I have already been in contact with Lazarus or whatever his username was. Nice dude.... The Bosporus Bridges is deff. a nice comp: Good tracks but a bit cheap done without linernotes. Still worth to get though for the music that is.

Contacting sellers through ebay sounds like a good idea....

Hopefully Im going to meet up with Okay Temiz. At least he responded to my mail and said I was more than welcome to call when I got there....

Does anybody have any idea for questions I should ask him? Then please PM me....

Thanks again,

Dress