Korean raers or commons?

bboyparkzbboyparkz 549 Posts
edited April 2006 in Strut Central
A girl I know is going home to Korea for a few weeks/months and has kindly agreed to pop into her local second hand record store if I give her a list of stuff to look for. She???s not really into Korean music herself so she cant offer any recordmendations herself.So anyone what to kick of a list of Korean joints I can get her to look for, I know there is an album by ???Black Butterfly??? that???s got some good shit on but there must be so much other Korean shit even stuff with just drum breaks. Anyone got any Korean recommendations please?

Comments

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    no. no raers in korea. actually i only know of that Black Butterfly record which from what my pops says is a popular record. you might want to check out the weird manga-styled records for cartoons.

i was in korea for a family trip to the motherland last year but didnt get a chance to check out records of anykind. please tell your friend to leave some stuff behind.

• bboyparkzbboyparkz 549 Posts
    Here's one I got already:

Has a cool track called 'The Robot Dance'. A little cheesy for some but I digs it.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Korean psych is where a lot of the collectible shit is at.

Peep: http://progressive.homestead.com/KOREAentry.html

• SooksSooks 714 Posts
    Yeah, you can see the rares also by doing a quick popsike search for 'korea' - a bunch of psych comes up.