THE HOLY BODY TATTOO

grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
edited April 2006 in Strut Central
hell yes this is music related!http://www.holybodytattoo.organyways, i heard about this thing and im thinking of going but i need to sort some things out. first off, has anyone seen it? i mean, its godspeed, jenny holzer, and some dance troupe. already im kinda iffy cuz of the dance troupe part and the jenny holzer part. i mean, i sort of dig holzer but i also feel she's a one trick pony and her heyday is long over. thoughts?oh yeah, here's the final kicker, its $20 for the cheap seats in shitty royce hall ucla. anyone with any info or reviews or experiences?

Comments

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    should i be taking this shit to the-breaks.com?

• should i be taking this shit to the-breaks.com?

dude! 100 electric guitars at one time in the concert hall!

edited for clarity

dude! 100 electric guitars in one the concert hall!

i read this about 20 times and im still lost.

ps

i was just spying on the "who's online" thing and someone was reading my "OH MY LOINS" thread.

• i looked at this about 20 times and im still lost.

what is going on? i'm too busy drawing to read things.

i think it is this

1. old chick with slide projector
    2. band from canada
    3. dudes in codpie (plural for codpiece?) prancing about the stage

i need some clarification myself, brother.

• PSellersPSellers 157 Posts
    a bit of new godspeed? i'd be up for that!

was having a look around the site and the other piece holy body tattoo did had a bit of tindersticks... sounded rather nice

i have never heard of this outfit though so can't really pass advice however if it was to play near me id probably pop along

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    i've seen one of their older productions - this one sounds way better with Holzer and godspeed - the one i saw was a little too industrial/goth for me. modern dance makes me giggle (my friend had free tickerts so we went) but what i saw was pretty entertaining/interesting and not too earnest or wacky.

holzer is only as good as the scale she uses and how 'deep' her blurb is - lately its not been so grand. but who knows, mixing her up with these freaks might breathe new life into her work.