CTI Japanese Releases ? (Czech?)

DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts
edited April 2006 in Strut Central
I am going through my CTI stuff and just realized that my Bob James - One is on King Record Co (LAX 3172) out of Japan (1500 Yen, y'all). All i know is that it was released in 1979 as opposed to the OG from the 6000 series (1974). Anyone know how widely the Japan Series was released?

Comments

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    every single CTI is worth $1 or less no matter where/when it was pressed or who signed it.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    every single CTI is worth $1 or less no matter where/when it was pressed or who signed it.

Not to audiophiles who consider japanese pressings to be sonically superior. Obi strip is a must though.

OK, then $2.50.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    I am going through my CTI stuff and just realized that my Bob James - One is on King Record Co (LAX 3172) out of Japan (1500 Yen, y'all). All i know is that it was released in 1979 as opposed to the OG from the 6000 series (1974). Anyone know how widely the Japan Series was released?

There are two different sets of Japanese pressings of the CTI stuff. For example, there is a OG Bob James - One with Gatefold and the reissue without the gatefold. Both come with OBI strip. The OG one has a green OBI and the reissue has a orange OBI from memory. They're a dime a dozen out there too. So unless you know someone really looking for Japanese presses, I'd say they would be worth a buck or two more than the domestic joints.

peace.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    OK, then $2.50.

Plaese to Peep

OK, then $2.50.

um, peep the buyer's other "wins"

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1584&item=4847631721

i rest my case.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    OK, then $2.50.

"it's an original Mantovani on Decca. Don't worry, the jury will understand"

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    OK, then $2.50.

lol, motavani. My future father in law was here a few weeks ago and was telling me about his records and he said he had a bunch of motavani. My fiance asked, "whats he like?" and her dad explained that he had a "very nice plain voice" as if that were a good thing. At least I know I can always shop for his birthday presents at the good will.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    lol, motavani. My future father in law was here a few weeks ago and was telling me about his records and he said he had a bunch of motavani. My fiance asked, "whats he like?" and her dad explained that he had a "very nice plain voice" as if that were a good thing. At least I know I can always shop for his birthday presents at the good will.

Aren't the Mantovanis instrumental?!? The only one I ever heard was.....

Man I never even listened to one, her pop's must be tripping or thinking of someone else.

Man I never even listened to one, her pop's must be tripping or thinking of someone else.

I should add that his record collection also includes multiple sealed firestone christmas LP's. Chestnuts roasting on an open

• DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts
    i knew this post would go downhill fast, but Mantovani?

Anyhow, thanks for the info.

Apologies for yet another little guy post.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    It makes total and complete sense that the Japanese pressings would be common in Japan

Japanese pressings for pretty much any record are worth at least a little more

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    and this confirms my theory, my man is an audiophile:

Double Peep

Audiophile = [(bad taste x overpaying)/dork]10

• My favorite record on CTI