The New COUP Album

Mongo_SladeMongo_Slade 999 Posts
edited April 2006 in Strut Central
is really, really good.

Comments

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    First of all, I'm buying it when it drops.

Second of all, link plaese? I can't wait that long!!!

Herm

• I just got the clean promo CD this afternoon. I believe it comes out 2 weeks from today. I'm still digesting it but I think it may be their best yet.

I don't really feel right about putting the whole thing up, but I s'pose a track or two wouldn't hurt nobody. I'll try and post something up later.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

I don't really feel right about putting the whole thing up, but I s'pose a track or two wouldn't hurt nobody. I'll try and post something up later.

THAT'S WHAT PM's ARE FOR!!!!

Ha ha! That's cool, though. I understand. The album drops on the 25th of this month. For those that don't know, The Coup is signed to Epitaph (well, at least for this album).

Herm

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    I was pretty underwhelmed with the first 5 tracks or so, I don't think I've gotten past that yet.

• I'm still absorbing, but Pick A Bigger Weapon is great upon the first few listens. I wouldn't say this is their best ever, but it's dope. I was very curious to hear how (or if) the signing to Epitaph would effect the sound of the record. It doesn't seem like it has at all really. The Prince/Dirty Mind influences are strong, which many reviewers have already pointed to.

I could do without the Mindsex style love jams though, and Black Thought pronouncing it "COOP," but otherwise it's a solid listen. I'm definitely buying this when it comes out. There are some clips on the Epitaph site.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    baby lets have a baby before bush does somethin' crazy

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Black Thought pronouncing it "COOP,"

• I believe they're performing live in Amoeba in SF that day it comes out on the 25th. I'm all over that!

• I'm still absorbing, but Pick A Bigger Weapon is great upon the first few listens. I wouldn't say this is their best ever, but it's dope. I was very curious to hear how (or if) the signing to Epitaph would effect the sound of the record. It doesn't seem like it has at all really. The Prince/Dirty Mind influences are strong, which many reviewers have already pointed to.

I could do without the Mindsex style love jams though, and Black Thought pronouncing it "COOP," but otherwise it's a solid listen. I'm definitely buying this when it comes out. There are some clips on the Epitaph site.

After two listens start-to-finish, I WOULD say it's their best ever. Musically, I think it's stronger than anything they've done before. Lyrically, I think it's a little warmer, but no softer, than their previous albums. Good googly moogly.