Al Ferrier Rockabilly 45 Price/OG Check

holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
edited April 2006 in Strut Central
I know it's a long shot, but I like rockabilly & since I don't really know anyone else who does, maybe someone here can help me? I picked up Al Ferrier & His Bopping Billies - Let's Go Bopping Tonight/What Is This Thing Called Love on Goldband. I thought just a cool La. Rockabilly 45 but I did an ebay search where someone is selling a reissue 45 of this & they mention the OG can go for $200+. The one I bought looks nothing like the reissue (which has a huge typo along the lines of Booping). Does anyone know/have the OG of this 45 that I can check mine against & know a ballpark figure (there is a good chance this ebay seller is in dreamland) an help/info greatly appreciated. Here's a pic of what I got.

Comments

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    I know it's a long shot, but I like rockabilly & since I don't really know anyone else who does, maybe someone here can help me?

i cant help you pricewise, but im definitely a big rockabilly fan (and im also into the goldband label in general, they released some off-the-wall shit)

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Pretty sure it's a re-issue...Goldband pressed stuff into the 80's....here's what the early 45's looked like.......

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    Cool, thanks, I thought the OG was probably on the 'straight' type label. Still a cool 45 though.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    "Celebrity[/b] Series Vocal"

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    "Celebrity[/b] Series Vocal"

Yeah, that had me too. But then again, you never can tell what some labels are gonna put on their 45s to up the sales. For example those Swan ones with the 'Stay In School' message.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    Pretty sure it's a re-issue...Goldband pressed stuff into the 80's....

If it is, it looks like a 1960's font.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Yep....Eddie Shuler used that font from about '58 on through the end.....here are a few label variations with the one constant being the horizontal lines....