Special event/concert/party insurance HELP!!!!

SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
edited April 2006 in Strut Central
wow, this shit is the worst!!! I gotta get at least $1,000,000[/b] worth of comprehensive liability insurance in order to secure a national sponsor for an event (The Rb -vs- Nasty's Houston (shameless plug)). I don't have any "promoter insurance" right now and never really planned on it. But fuck it, gotta do what I gotta do. So what it's boiling down to is that the sponsors gonna cancel on me without this expensive damn near useless insurance. I'm starting to wonder if I should even fuck with the sponsor right now. One day events under 10,000 people in attendance are reasonbly cheap ($199-400) BUT when you have a "high risk" event, ie., hip hop/rap & heavy metal the premiums more than double. Anyone ever had to deal with this or has event insurance and can give me a reference to a provider on the cheap?help the yung'n out.

Comments

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Dude, tell them I DJ for the kids and shit. I ain't no gangster, I'm a good guy.

• ladydayladyday 623 Posts
    I hear you mang. We've been doing the same hip-hop/latino showcase event for the last two years and our event insurance more than doubled this year, from around $600 up to $1450. My insurance agent said that the carrier raised the minimum premium to $1000, and that recent club shootings in Brooklyn increased premiums across the board.

I also used to be able to keep reggaeton events undercover by calling them "reggae-influenced caribbean music" but the carrier got hip to that.

It sucks, but insurance always seems "useless"... until you need it. If paying $1000 now means you won't have to pay a million in damages later, it's worth it.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I hear you mang. We've been doing the same hip-hop/latino showcase event for the last two years and our event insurance more than doubled this year, from around $600 up to $1450. My insurance agent said that the carrier raised the minimum premium to $1000, and that recent club shootings in Brooklyn increased premiums across the board.

I also used to be able to keep reggaeton events undercover by calling them "reggae-influenced caribbean music" but the carrier got hip to that.

It sucks, but insurance always seems "useless"... until you need it. If paying $1000 now means you won't have to pay a million in damages later, it's worth it.

Problem is.. I'm not trying to drop $1000 + for a one night event.

• ladydayladyday 623 Posts

I know, it's utterly ridiculous. The best I can suggest is shop around and maybe call up an insurance agent. I could have recommended my carrier a year ago, but as I said, the premium is now well over $1000 for a one night event.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

I know, it's utterly ridiculous. The best I can suggest is shop around and maybe call up an insurance agent. I could have recommended my carrier a year ago, but as I said, the premium is now well over $1000 for a one night event.

I think I found a loophole with one, but I gotta keep my fingers crossed. Thanks for the insight!