Gene P Does San Antone

RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
edited April 2006 in Strut Central
B*i*n, So fill us in......1) Any decent vinyl scores while you were in Alamo City?2) Were there more hot women at the Spurs game than what typically shows up in Dallas3) Tell us how the soft Mavs kicked Timmy Duncan's ass!!

Comments

• B*i*n,
    So fill us in......

1) Any decent vinyl scores while you were in Alamo City?

2) Were there more hot women at the Spurs game than what typically shows up in Dallas

3) Tell us how the soft Mavs kicked Timmy Duncan's ass!!

Man, I'm gonna have to do a separate trip for diggin.....I only ended up stopping in San Marcos at Sundance Records. It's a cool little store for that town, but vinyl-wise they were pretty barren and they had the weirdest pricing. Alls they had was commons really, but some of their commons were priced at $20 & $30 while the rest were like $3. I just grabbed a couple of things I needed to fill some holes, but nothing great there that I saw. However, San Marcos is off the hook for ladies...they were all layin out on that big hill. Oh to be in college again.....

We were runnin late from the jump though (that's what happens when stoners try to do day trips....) and got stuck in an hour-long traffic jam in S.A., so we just ended up going to the "gentlemen's club" for food and drinks before the game. Didn't realize they had bumped the gametime to 7 instead of 7:30 that was on the tix, so we see the game tip-off as we're walkin out the door of that place.

Ended up just missin a little over a quarter of the game, but the Mavs were down 11 as we took our seats. All up from there though. The Mavs played great, won the game on defense really. Dirk doing some serious MVP lobbying as no one on the Spurs could check him that night.

There were some fine fine women there, as there always are at NBA games, but I gotta say that the "D-Town Hos" are better. Hot women there? check. More than at the AAC? No sir.

Spurs fans are HATEFUL though. Couldn't believe it....almost got in a fracas on the way back to the car. Bein as there were four of us and two of them though......

Great win for the Mavs. They still probably won't win the West, but it's huge for that team psychologically to go into S.A. and get a tough win. Can't wait for the playoffs.

To SA Strutters: thanks much for the info, I'll be back there w/in the month to take advantage of it.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    At one time that spot in San Marcos had some decent stuff....and that pricing scheme has always been wacky.

About a year ago they apparently had a large collection for sale and advertised with flyers at the Austin Show....rumor has it that those who drove the 40 miles to check it out did pretty well.

In San Antone Hit the two indoor Flea Market dealers and the outdoor place North of town on I-35.

Mav's game looked exciting as hell on the tube.....I'm optimistic that they can get it together, barring injury, and make a pretty good run .....we'll see.