OOP Help

DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts
edited April 2006 in Strut Central
Robin Trower - Beyond The MistPurely by coincidence (and me being a smart guy, of course) i have come up on an out-of-print Robin Trower LP that fetches some serious bucks on ebay. i was at a record shop in Wayne, PA and one of the owners was showing me the CD version becuase he had just sold it on 'bay for like 75. He wasnt famialir with it, neither was i. The next day i cop a vinyl promo on the LP at the flea market for $2. Record is Mint, sleeve has a cut corner. i dont have a whole lot of interest in holding the record and am looking to put it up on ebay, but i want to make sure i know all my facts before i do. Anyone familiar with this record? Its a promo only version on the Passport label. Any help or direction would be appreciated.peace

Comments

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    is this supposed to be a prize tcheck?

Put it on the 'bay with a $9.99 starting bid and let the global e-market forces work their magic. Free yourself from high expectations, let your soul be your pilot and remember this: japanese know all there is to know about records.

• DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts
    Czech indeed, but wasnt sure about going right to ebay before i got a little background. Admittedly, i know absolutely nothing about Robin Trower except that he would get tons of Hendrix comparisons / name drops.

Most likely go up on ebay real soon.

Also price czech if anyone is still reading....Nova 1 by The Nova Local. popsike has it at $200+. Their only album, apparently the first record to feature Dolby NR (?).

Soul on cruise control (as per advice)...

Dr joel

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    OOP CDs yeah you'd be in biz, those can be crazy

OOP Robin Trower vinyl? I'd guess $10 would be on the very high end of what you could get out of him (and thats probably generous)

• DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts
    OOP CDs yeah you'd be in biz, those can be crazy

OOP Robin Trower vinyl? I'd guess $10 would be on the very high end of what you could get out of him (and thats probably generous)

Is that because his fans are looking for a CD they can play that is just really hard to find or what? Or was the CD issue so much less in quantity than the vinyl?

Just seems like original press (there are others from what i understand) promo only would fetch some bills. Not being optimistic here, just going by 'out of print logic'. Lemme know.

Thanks.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    or...

"12 more items matching this title are available from 12 sellers ranging in price from $8.04-$33.21"

i.e it's worth 2 bucks.

gemm

• DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts
    i wouldn't have even gotten gassed if it weren't for the coincidence with the CD vers at that record shop. i checked ebay, popsike, and gemm to see what things were looking like and its hard to get a handle when one lists nothing and others have a decent price tag on the thing. Anyway, thanks for all the info...especially that link Raj.