North Carolina = Bombay West

soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
edited April 2006 in Strut Central
EXHIBIT AI had a delicious Indian buffet in Greensboro NC today while taking a break from the record show.EXHIBIT BLast night in Chapel Hill NC I spun bhangra & bollywood with DJ's Turbanator & Mogambo to a packed house of Indian and other folks til 3am. There were MUCH pretty girls in the house, we had live dhol player Samit Singh keeping rhythm and sexy bollywood videos played on bigscreen above the crowd. EXHIBIT CIn my mailbox today were the new CDs from UK bhangra heavyweights Mentor Kolectiv and Jassi Sidhu.EXHIBIT DYesterday on a tip from Bally Sagoo collaborator Kenz Desai, I called a Gujarati widow in Raleigh NC who was looking to get rid off her late husband's record collection. "Oh no I won't sell them," she told me. "I'll just give them to you." So as of 11:30am, these were safely in the trunk in my car:

Comments

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    Yet another reason why you need to do that mix for me...

(actually, nc being bombay west and my mix are totally unrelated; i just thought thread was a good opportunity to remind you)

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Marco, play Meet Na Mila Diwane Ka off Abhimaan and see if the crowd digs it. I like that song a lot. Might not be uptempo enough, but still hot fiyah.

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    Thanks - I'll check it out.

BTW the record on the far right, third from top row (photo of chick in sunglasses) has a hot 1981 disco track on it. It's a Gujarati album called "Zankar" (singer's name?) with music by Purushottam Upadhyay. I may post audio later.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Yeah, I have that. That one's decent if I recall. That's awesome she gave them to you for free. Spread Love Marco! B/W Pay it Forward.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    you
    rock!

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    Spread Love Marco! B/W Pay it Forward.

I tried to do just that later in the day by offering a beer to another local dealer who was buying some stuff from me. It wasn't until about an hour later that he mentioned he was a recovering alcoholic.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    ouchy