Sayer Late Pass???

batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
edited April 2006 in Strut Central
Can someone explain the SoulStrut Leo Sayer Mythology to me.

Comments

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts

wuzzup with leo sayer? Why did you choose or how did he become the soulstrut "mascot/icon"?[/b]

As you know, the biggest attraction to my web site now is the message board. It is out of control today and the amount of knowledge being passed around is sick. But back in 2001-2002, the message board was like 7 guys. All homies, you know... and we would just have a bash. We would fool lurkers (users who read but do not post) by saying records like Leo Sayer "Endless Flight" (a pop record from the 70s that sold millions of copies) had drum breaks on them and were considered a holy grail to funk record collectors. So these cats new to the game would freak out if they found a Leo Sayer out in the bins thinking they were the king of digging. We did that a lot and the board???s reputation as being a haven for record collector snobs proceeded us. Over the years, the board regulars adopted Mr. Sayer as a big inside joke and it was inevitable that it would be the mascot.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    the board regulars adopted Mr. Sayer as a big inside joke and it was inevitable that it would be the mascot.

hahaha, referring to leo sayer as an "it" is hilarious...

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Now how can I cop a T- shirt?