Jimmy James

DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts
edited April 2006 in Strut Central
Maybe i never read as much about The Isley Bros as i am this morning (looking for the years that they were backed by those Meters dudes), but i came across a general bio of theirs that says a guitarist named Jimmy James was playing with them in 64, he later went on to release albums under the name Jimi Hendrix.Did not know that. Anyone know if he's on any of their releases? Allmusic used to be so easy for finding personnel, but now i forget my password and blah blah blah.

Comments

• DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts
    Ahh, research done. Ignore dumb question.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    Maybe i never read as much about The Isley Bros as i am this morning (looking for the years that they were backed by those Meters dudes)

Now THIS I didn't know...on what records were the Meters backing them up?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Maybe i never read as much about The Isley Bros as i am this morning (looking for the years that they were backed by those Meters dudes)

I think he may have confused the Isley family with the Neville one...

• DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts

OOF. Yer right. If you like at the time of my post i should hopefully be acquitted. peace.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts

OOF. Yer right.

Two of the Nevilles were actually IN the Meters.