San Antonio Record Stores????

GenePontecorvoGenePontecorvo 5,612 Posts
edited April 2006 in Strut Central
Gonna be down there tomorrow for Mavs at Spurs. Are there any good spots to find records down there? I know you Austin heads got a few spots in mind. Don't be I don't even know what good records are. Seriously. Thanks!

Comments

• the only place i've bought records from down there is the dude who sets up in the antique mall downtown(near the alamo). he is impossible to deal with though, be warned.

there really aren't too many stores honestly, which is weird. i hope someone here knows more.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    the only place i've bought records from down there is the dude who sets up in the antique mall downtown(near the alamo). he is impossible to deal with though, be warned.

paging cashless...

haha...that dude may be schiztophrenic (sp?). I was there once, coming across decent dollar bins and dude went bonkers on my friends. had to split, but it was one of my mostest funny/depressing record adventures i have been on.

• alamo records (downtown crazy dude) is pretty much the only real store left. Flea markets, thrift stores, and half-price books is pretty much what's left these days. I've learned how to deal with dude over the years, though, I can swing you through if you'd like....hit me on the pm

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts
    i'll pm you a few places and numbers after i get off work this evening.

• i'll pm you a few places and numbers after i get off work this evening.

Awesome! Thanks.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    alamo records (downtown crazy dude) is pretty much the only real store left. Flea markets, thrift stores, and half-price books is pretty much what's left these days. I've learned how to deal with dude over the years, though, I can swing you through if you'd like....hit me on the pm

Is Fatty Rick(400 lbs, 500 tatoos) or his son still around??

• alamo records (downtown crazy dude) is pretty much the only real store left. Flea markets, thrift stores, and half-price books is pretty much what's left these days. I've learned how to deal with dude over the years, though, I can swing you through if you'd like....hit me on the pm

Dood, Rock, where is the love my man? They got you workin over there today or something?

alamo records (downtown crazy dude) is pretty much the only real store left. Flea markets, thrift stores, and half-price books is pretty much what's left these days. I've learned how to deal with dude over the years, though, I can swing you through if you'd like....hit me on the pm

Dood, Rock, where is the love my man? They got you workin over there today or something?

LOL...I met Rick like 20 years ago...introduced himself to me a "Fatty Rick"...not sure if it was a name inspired by bikers, well rolled dope, or his weight....but that's all I've ever heard anyone call him??

and before I forget......GO MAV's

LOL...I met Rick like 20 years ago...introduced himself to me a "Fatty Rick"...not sure if it was a name inspired by bikers, well rolled dope, or his weight....but that's all I've ever heard anyone call him??

and before I forget......GO MAV's

I was actually referring to the fact that I'm still waiting for you to drop the bomb-ass SA record store name on me.

Hell yeah go Mavs! Mavs might have a 2% chance of winning the West if they can beat S.A. tomorrow. Sorry, LPP.

Best spot is the Flea Market guy.....he's on the third floor of the Antique Mall on lower Broadway these days...be prepared to dig through tons of shit....but if you're looking for rare Song-Poem or Tex-Mex that's the place....

Last time I was there he was in the hospital being treated for cancer....was really weird having to call him at the hospital as he priced the records over the phone...when I was all done he said "WHO THE HELL ARE YOU.....AND WHY ARE YOU BUYING ALL THOSE WEIRD RECORDS??"......I gave him my name and asked him why he HAD all these weird records....at least I made him laugh....I understand he's recovered and back running the biz.

I'd also check the 1/2 Price about a mile or two up Broadway...I always find stuff there.

you talking about record trader out perrien beitel? the only fat dude with tats that comes to mind...I don't even bother with that shit, ebay, overpriced, etc.

• Best spot is the Flea Market guy.....he's on the third floor of the Antique Mall on lower Broadway these days...be prepared to dig through tons of shit....but if you're looking for rare Song-Poem or Tex-Mex that's the place....

Last time I was there he was in the hospital being treated for cancer....was really weird having to call him at the hospital as he priced the records over the phone...when I was all done he said "WHO THE HELL ARE YOU.....AND WHY ARE YOU BUYING ALL THOSE WEIRD RECORDS??"......I gave him my name and asked him why he HAD all these weird records....at least I made him laugh....I understand he's recovered and back running the biz.

I'd also check the 1/2 Price about a mile or two up Broadway...I always find stuff there.

yeah, he's well recovered, and on the way to growing back the pony tail! Don't even bother with half-price naw, but I was just there yesterday, and there ain't nuttin!

• Thanks for all of the fellas!