hot off the shelf?

Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
It sat in your collection for a minute, then you put it on and you are like, "oh shit. This is redonkulous."currentlyImage hosted by Photobucket.comI have listened to "Where Is That Girl?" like eight times in a row. What it do

Comments

• kidinquisitivekidinquisitive 1,627 Posts
    For me it would be this. I listened to it for the first time in a few years and realized I'd been clueless all this time. This record rules!

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Blue Magic S/T, on my end.

My copy has this constant fuzziness running through the whole LP, but it doesn't kill the strength of this sweet and soulful classic.

That Doug Carn is a great record. "Western Sunrise" gets me every time.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    I picked this album up and ignored it for about a year, then finally dug it out and listened to it after seeing it go for dough on eBay:

...now it's a favorite of mine. Funny how that works.

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts

back on it like i just bought it...

• Options
    That's a very hard record to catch, Rey. The glory years of hard chunky rhythms.

K.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Frederick Knight "I've been lonely for so long"

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts

• I picked this album up and ignored it for about a year, then finally dug it out and listened to it after seeing it go for dough on eBay:

...now it's a favorite of mine. Funny how that works.

Whats up with that Jah Guidance label? I have a split 12" on it somewhere.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

• dsandersdsanders 495 Posts

Side 2: one very fiery 20 minute long track.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    It sat in your collection for a minute, then you put it on and you are like, "oh shit. This is redonkulous."

currently

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    Suzi Quatro
    YOUR MAMA WON'T LIKE ME

Late 70s funky hard rock like what from Leather Tuscadero. It sat in a crate unlistened to for years until last week when I pulled it out and realized either my tastes have changed or I've been a musical idiot. Either of which are reasonable conclusions, by the way.

Suzi Quatro
    YOUR MAMA WON'T LIKE ME

Late 70s funky hard rock like what from Leather Tuscadero. It sat in a crate unlistened to for years until last week when I pulled it out and realized either my tastes have changed or I've been a musical idiot. Either of which are reasonable conclusions, by the way.

Suzi Quatro is the bomb.

I prefer this one tho, for the ballad 'Cat Size' and the rocker she did on Happy days, 'Devil Gate Drive'(Chinn and Chapman doing their thing)

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    It sat in your collection for a minute, then you put it on and you are like, "oh shit. This is redonkulous."

currently

Bird:

that blackbyrds is one of my all time fav's.

as for me:

that jose feliciano LP w/ Golden Lady. I always thought it was cool track but I think on thursday I might of played it at least 8 times and everytime I was thinking "dam".

Bird:

that blackbyrds is one of my all time fav's.

as for me:

that jose feliciano LP w/ Golden Lady. I always thought it was cool track but I think on thursday I might of played it at least 8 times and everytime I was thinking "dam".

That Feliciano, is that "And the Feeling's Good"? hell, I like most all his late 60s thru mid 70s LPs..."Compartments" is ridiculously nice. People underestimate that man's quality nowadays. I love Terry Callier to death, but I would put Jose as being a more consistent singer/songwriter in the same vein, and his guitar skills shame almost any musician at the time that you could name. One of the few musicians who sold millions at the peak of his powers, and actually saw $$ from his talent, but now is relegated to has-been status because his name is almost too well known. Don't sleep.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Have you peepd "I just want to Rock N' Roll"? It's got like 2-3 solid tracks. and was Feliciano's biggest hit "Felice Navidad" aka the token christmas song that gets sung by little kids at there annual christmas pagent?

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
    Feliciano's biggest hit "Felice Navidad" aka the token christmas song that gets sung by little kids at there annual christmas pagent?

woah dude Felice? Feliz!!
    all my aunts love Jose...

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,087 Posts
    Diana Ross' "Everything Is Everything"

Creative Source S/T: "You Can't Hide Love"...damn!

• hermithermit 15 Posts

'our day will come',

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Creative Source S/T: "You Can't Hide Love"...damn!

I just pulled that one out over the wknd... about half is total crap and the other half is real nice, I find those frustrating...

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

• the3rdstreamthe3rdstream 1,980 Posts

Side 2: one very fiery 20 minute long track.
    i prefer side a myself but that album is soooooo goooooood

i just started listening to this again...

• Suzi Quatro
    YOUR MAMA WON'T LIKE ME

Suzi Quatro is the bomb.

I prefer this one tho, for the ballad 'Cat Size' and the rocker she did on Happy days, 'Devil Gate Drive'(Chinn and Chapman doing their thing)

I like "Skin Tight Skin" the keyboard part and ensuing breakdown are both
    really cool.