Still more proof that MODERN! is the next NORTHERN

luckluck 4,077 Posts
edited April 2006 in Strut Central
When FUNK! and BREAKS! aren't enough...Exhibit One and Exhibit Two.

Comments

• Eddie Bo's "Lover And A Friend" was released in the late 60's... How is that Modern Soul?

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    Eddie Bo's "Lover And A Friend" was released in the late 60's... How is that Modern Soul?

Duh. The more views its eBay page gets, the more "modern soul" it is.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Eddie Bo's "Lover And A Friend" was released in the late 60's... How is that Modern Soul?

Duh. The more views its eBay page gets, the more "modern soul" it is.

My point exactly. Read: Git your I>descriptor/I> up.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    I have the related LP of this. Look at the dood in the upper right of this picsleeve; looks uncannily like Steven Hawking. [/hi-jacking own thread]

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Freakbeat Psych Fuzz seller has been pissing me off because he puts tons of key words in white text underneath his auction boxes of late. Apparently not this auction though. Sneaky bastard. Lame ass tactics.

• djrdjr 511 Posts

Exhibit 2 has a monster drum intro? Drum intro - yes, monster? Not sure if I would go that far......

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Freakbeat Psych Fuzz seller has been pissing me off because he puts tons of key words in white text underneath his auction boxes of late. Apparently not this auction though. Sneaky bastard. Lame ass tactics.

Just report them... I don't think hidden keywords are legal...

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    They aren't... But I consider the credo "Don't Snitch" to be very influential.

They aren't... But I consider the credo "Don't Snitch" to be very influential.

WORD. I've gotten a lot of stuff off Mr. Heavy Freakbeat Psych Mod Garage Fuzz lately and he's a good seller, invisible keywords or not!

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    I've gotten a lot of stuff off Mr. Heavy Freakbeat Psych Mod Garage Fuzz lately and he's a good seller, invisible keywords or not!

Me too...

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts

Exhibit 2 has a monster drum intro? Drum intro - yes, monster? Not sure if I would go that far......

i would, those are some of my most sought-after drum sounds. so fucking hard!!

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

i would, those are some of my most sought-after drum sounds. so fucking hard!!

agreed... MONSTER BREAK...

oh and the whole 'modern' thing was originally an outgrowth of the 'northern' scene anyway... so it makes sense...