Mcdonald and GIles Question

JoeRoJoeRo 32 Posts
edited April 2006 in Strut Central
What's the difference between the cottillion press and the Island press? Which one came first?

Comments

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    Cotillion came first i believe

difference? no clue

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    the island press has more midrange on the snares.

• chrischris 287 Posts
    island is simply the uk press, hence the heightened collectibility.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    great great GREAT album, regardless

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    heightened collectibility.

Mcdonald and Giles2

• markus71markus71 937 Posts
    It has occured to me before that a lot of soulstrutters actually know a lot about Dischord and hardcore/punk music in general....as for myself I have also really worn out that Dischord catalog about 15 years ago.
    I was up to a point that I had almost every record released (except for the first really expensive 7's, even back then they were just unaffordable)by this label + the split releases which where usually awesome. I remember these were limited thus usually harder to find and we europeans needed to order these directly from the states or we would miss out on them big time.....I guess this kind of set off my recordcollecting interest.
    Lot of these bands made me check out other bands that weren't necessarily punk or hardcore or whatever you wanna call it. I remember Fugazi coming to Europe for the first time, playing these really small 200 people venues......amazing! I have seen Scream, Soulside, Government Issue, Ignition etc etc....awesome gigs to which I have warm memories.

SST....man don't get me started about Minutemen....how freaking great was that band!!! Perfect combination of music and politics and timeless music that still sounds fresh today....."What makes a man start fires" is my favorite!

I have sold off most of my punk stuff because I got into different stuff....needless to say I kind of regret this.

Who else used to be into that stuff??? Share stories for goodtimes sake!

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    wrong thread, dude

• markus71markus71 937 Posts
    yeah man...totally.....have to get some coffee....