Spring Cleaning In Real Time

noznoz 3,625 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
rather than go digging on this beautiful day, i'm trying to thin out the collection, 'cause i'm moving at the end of the month. i'll be reevaluating a ton of records all day long. this self indulgent thread is for real time observations, queries, discoveries, that come up in the process. i will also post mp3s or pictures or something to keep you interested. here goes, i'm starting with hip hop - Does a 12" of the original MC Lyte - "Cappuccino" exist? My 12" just has like a half dozen lame dj doc remixes.Sugar Hill = wack record label. they put out some great shit but the ratio is terrible. I've got about half a crate of records on the label and probably will only keep like a half dozen.completism - not a good look. especially when you got weirdo niche tastes like i do. as much as i love the outsidaz rap-a-lot or project blowed, i really don't need az-izz, mad cj mac or all deadly jizzm 12"s (no homo)

Comments

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    DA YOUNGSTAS SUCK!

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    DA YOUNGSTAS SUCK!

CREWZ POP IT'S THE HIP-HOP BOP BOP

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    DA YOUNGSTAS SUCK!

CREWZ POP IT'S THE HIP-HOP BOP BOP

i don't even have the "good" youngstas 12", i got "pass DA mic". it says djini brown was assistant remix engineer. that dude gets around.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

is dj quick on this record the same dj quik?
    is dj battlecat on the same battlecat?
    it's an la record

• dayday 9,611 Posts

yes

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

http://s51.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2AYA73QBIMT26218QD4ZDFVKPI
    i'm really feeling this beat. although the rappers are like bay area (i'd assume by the sound, no details on the label though) das efxeses. got doubles for some reason, not sure where it came from. any details on these dudes?

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    Sugar Hill = wack record label. they put out some great shit but the ratio is terrible. I've got about half a crate of records on the label and probably will only keep like a half dozen.

maybe i was a little rough on sugar hill.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    two clean soundtrack eps that i wish were dirty - tresspass and thin line between love and hate. "knockin' brothers off, knockin' brothers out" just doesn't work quite as well. plus they're both shitty pressings.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    Shaquille O'Neal - Still Can't Stop The Reign 12" (Interscope/Trauma, 1996)

1. Still Can't Stop The Reign featuring B>Biggie Smalls/B>

2. No Love Lost featuring B>Jay-Z/B> and Lord Tariq

3. Game of Death featuring B>Rakim/B>

4. Best To Worst featuring Peter Gunz

that's a lot of legends for one bad 12". Too bad about Tariq & Gunz

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

yes

so is that a "no" on quik or you're not sure?

anyone got a battlecat discography?

anyway, it's starting to rain and i'm starting to drink, so i think i'm gonna call it quits on the cleaning today, i was able to pull about a crate and a half of shit for tradesies.

• BELIEVEBELIEVE 257 Posts
    two clean soundtrack eps that i wish were dirty - tresspass and thin line between love and hate. "knockin' brothers off, knockin' brothers out" just doesn't work quite as well. plus they're both shitty pressings.

i actually don't mind the "gotta get over" clean version--all the edited guru curses used like a reverse of the beat and they actually sound kinda cool. but yeah, clean versions generally suck.