Kanye Helps Common?

batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
Will Kanye West "Resurrect" Common with this new album due this month?Hype or not?

Comments

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    The production is nce evn tho' it's too cheezy for me.
    Surprisingly, he just used the Doggone drums for the 12"...the hottest track is Food and since i knew about it already, i didn't find much to enjoy in this LP.

Now as far as "Kanye saving Common", i don't have much to say about that...Besides the fact that NOo I.D. would have done a better job i think.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    I dont know. seems like a serious case of overblown hype to me. Mabye it needs more listens, but overall I was fucking bored by this whole release.

I wanted to like it too! Somebody tell me im tripping and that its really amazing. Please!

• I dont know. seems like a serious case of overblown hype to me. Mabye it needs more listens, but overall I was fucking bored by this whole release.

I wanted to like it too! Somebody tell me im tripping and that its really amazing. Please!

nah ytou aint tripping...it really IS that boring.

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    Surprisingly, he just used the Doggone drums for the 12"...the hottest track is Food and since i knew about it already, i didn't find much to enjoy in this LP.

The beat is only on the 12"? Hmmm...

I did read that the album coming out is a completely different mix than what was leaked a few months ago. I haven't downloaded that version so I'm not sure what to expect.

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    The leaked version was unmixed for sure. Kanye's drums sounded ok, but a lot of them sounded mushy as hell...

Regardless, this album has some nice production, I prefer the sound over most of the current "hip-hop" that has been coming out lately.

Surprisingly, he just used the Doggone drums for the 12"

what track did he use the Doggone drums for?

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts

Surprisingly, he just used the Doggone drums for the 12"

what track did he use the Doggone drums for?

He chopped the Temptations drums into the "Doggone" pattern for "Corners", or maybe they have the same pattern don't remember but I ain't mad at the album.

are those the "Ain't No Sunshine" drums from the Temptations?

i want that lp if they are

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

yeah, they off that Solid Rock joint. Nice album.

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts

No, not that song... I thought the same thing but Phill schooled me... the drums and the talking in the background are one sample. It is on that album but its a song called "What It Is."

• phono13phono13 842 Posts

Now as far as "Kanye saving Common", i don't have much to say about that...Besides the fact that NO I.D. would have done a better job i think.