Folkways

AlhambraAlhambra 2 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central

Comments

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    fuckin' A, dude!!!

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Nice use of the Gerry Rafferty, as always...

• wow, dope and...

what is up with your floor!? looks like someone got drunk and went hot glue crazay!

I seriously have a boner for that "Attica Bikers from the Tombs" - I need to know about this!

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    so[color:brown]ethnic[/color]rightnow

Is it just me, or is Folkways BLOWING UP???

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

you just mad doggie!

but yea, perhaps the soulstrut influence is at it again.

• dsandersdsanders 495 Posts
    I'll trade you these 2 for the Montgomery Movement (they are pretty rare!)

• Nice records, but your blew your cover!

• of course the titles are unreal but your condition is off the hook! give me a folkways without a library filing card glued to the front of it and i'm stoked. way to go dude. ethnic folkways forever! FUK A BREAK!

ap

• dudes got craig kupka crystals... super fragile and sinister new age moments. 2 to bottom picture upper left corner with the pink cover. RULES! btw charles shaw is radd too.

• phono13phono13 842 Posts
    Nice rec's Pearson!

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts

That ain't all that crazy of a price... like discussed before, some of them are rare!

That ain't all that crazy of a price... like discussed before, some of them are rare!

naw, I know. That guy had a sick auction of Ethnic & Avant Garde records up. He got rill paid...

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

...and they tend to be collected by people who aren't record collectors. That Islamic Liturgy record is probably being bid up by people who collect, say, American artifacts of Islam, or maybe they even just want the teachings contained within.

• TSGTSG 274 Posts
    Dag. nice one tardheads. Jiminy Criquetas!

Oh yeah! Well, well.... My Lyrichord game is STRONG!!!

Pure fire musically as well as visually.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    2nd Folkways thread that's out of control in as many weeks. Damn, and all i got is 1 of them (the Angela Davis) but I'm skrate FIENDING to hear that "Music of the Falashas" jammy. Holler.

I also took this hot pic of my girlfriend WOOh! WOOh!

I took one of a reclining pineapple.

DOPE!!!

This is, as the kid's say, some "next level ish"!!!

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    zzzzzzzz... oh sorry i fell asleep...

have you actually listened to these pieces kids or are you just riding another dick? is it the pretty pictures that get you all hot for a piece of the folkways record catalog? do you know and/or actually love this type of sound?

ive heard some great folkways records and have had some of them over the years. but i have had some of those that mr silent has put up and theyre crap. worst pieces of shit ive ever heard! just a waste of record room on the shelf... value doesnt matter to me.

i know will from showandtellmusic is hot for these records. but hes played stuff at my house that i had that i was like urf! and he had fucking butterflies in his eyes...

anyway... i guess i just cant appreciate the folkways flavor...

return to your thread and the pictures... i have to go.

zzzzzzzz... oh sorry i fell asleep...

have you actually listened to these pieces kids or are you just riding another dick? is it the pretty pictures that get you all hot for a piece of the folkways record catalog? do you know and/or actually love this type of sound?

ive heard some great folkways records and have had some of them over the years. but i have had some of those that mr silent has put up and theyre crap. worst pieces of shit ive ever heard! just a waste of record room on the shelf... value doesnt matter to me.

i know will from showandtellmusic is hot for these records. but hes played stuff at my house that i had that i was like urf! and he had fucking butterflies in his eyes...

anyway... i guess i just cant appreciate the folkways flavor...

return to your thread and the pictures... i have to go.

hater.

really though, I'd rather listen to a room full of retarded kids singing than most funk 45's, but I'm weird like that.

I'd rather listen to a room full of retarded kids singing than most funk 45's, but I'm weird like that.

why? cause its funny? cause its good music? you can relate to it better? why single out funk 45s and not rap 45s or classical LPs?

what is it about a room full of retard kids that would make you want to listen to it from beginning to end?

yet you couldnt listen to a meters or james brown record front to back... you said funk 45s so im using two artists that represent that sound.

I'd rather listen to a room full of retarded kids singing than most funk 45's, but I'm weird like that.

why? cause its funny? cause its good music? you can relate to it better? why single out funk 45s and not rap 45s or classical LPs?

what is it about a room full of retard kids that would make you want to listen to it from beginning to end?

yet you couldnt listen to a meters or james brown record front to back... you said funk 45s so im using two artists that represent that sound.

haha! I just picked on funk 45's cause you like 'em!

Seriously though. I'm a freak. I love my meters record & my Folkways "the sounds of insects" just the same. they are all my special children. I will admit though, not all folkways are good records. I've had many that were just not interesting to me, like sea shanties & shit. not a fan.

As for "why", I guess I'm not coming at music/records from a "oh, hip-hop is my first love" type thing like many here. I like a lot of weird shit. I have as many 20th Century Classical lp's as Soul lp's & they all get equal play...

Folkways "the sounds of insects"

what is it about this record you like? and ill agree with the sea songs... my girl likes some of that shit and i have to painfully listen to it. white people on swashbuckling ships should not be singing songs...

i just dont get the folkways mystery. maybe i havent heard enough good records on the label but out of those pictures that mr silent put up ive had about 10-15 of those (not a lot but enough to know i dont get a hard-on when i look at those pictures).

oh well... everyone has different tastes...

and im not a funk advocate at all. there are some nice pieces out there but id pick up a soul 45 before i picked up a funk one.