Madeline bell - s/t LP ?? a little help

KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
edited April 2006 in Strut Central
So, I thought I saw this LP somewhere on-line for a crazy amount a little while back. And then I stunble across this in the field.Damn - can't even find a pic of it, but it's Madeline Bell's self-titled LP on Philips, with her sassy, animated face on the front cover. It's a soul album that sounds pretty nice. So is this worth loot or was I unknowingly high?

Comments

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    This appears to be a listing for the album I have - is this gemm hyperbole or real-world pricing?

• It's a $15 to $20 record if it's the same one I'm thinking of.

• This is the one I'm thinking of. Same one Kinetic? (PS, you're PM folder is full)

Hey man,
    thanks for the PM overload heads up!

Nah that's not the one I got. Mine has very little info on the jacket, but the first track is 'if you didn't hear me the first time.' of that helps. It's on Philips.

THIS is the one I found.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    "You Walked Away" is my SHIT

It's also on this album but I don't know if it's a different version

Yeah that's on here and It is pretty nice.

I'm just wanting to know if this LP is worth $$ so I can decide whether to keep it or trade it for something a little more up my alley.

• generiquegenerique 625 Posts
    I've got this. Great record. I've seen it a couple of times since for around $100, but that some years ago. Recordkingz had it for 60 pound.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Recordkingz had it for 60 pound.

Which meens its worth ??30 tops.

Does it sound nice? I only have her This one girl Lp, with the alternative version of 'That's What Friends Are For' on it, which unfortunately, is nowhere near as good as the themes' version.

One of my localrecordsellingfreaks is in some way connected with her, (he helped run her fan club or something,) but this for some reason makes him think that her records are worth far more than they normally sell for..

• lotuslandlotusland 740 Posts
    "that's what friends are for" is my schitt.

not on that one. i am not a uk issue balla, though i just scored a $1 copy of the jazzman reissue, w/ the alan parker instrumental on the flip. schitt is nice. anyone ever play this for b-boys? sounds like the mexican meets i believe in miracles.

---