UGLY DUCKLING TOUR REVIEW

HawkeyeHawkeye 896 Posts
edited April 2006 in Strut Central
I saw Ugly Duckling yesterday in Hamburg Germany an they destroyed the whole locaction. 500-600 People, 60% ladys (must be the music) And the ladys were shaking themselfes like they were I havent seen so much fun on a rap concert for a long while. The boys from the audience were stagediving and shit. Yesterday I realized how much I'm bored by those standart rap-concert of contemporary artists. 1 st verse than the chorus and into the next track, after 35 minutes the whole show is done. Fuck that.What Ugly Duckling did was a show with two turntables and interactivity, not a snippet of it. Contemporary artist play snippet-concerts. Why is that ??? So if Ugly Duckling is near you, go see the show !!!!PeaceHawkeye

Comments

• JazzsuckaJazzsucka 720 Posts
    I hear you man, I think contemporary rappers have forgotten how to put on an entertaining show. It's more of a studio format these days. I don't even really check records by groups like J5 and UD anymore, but I expect they put on a killer show. J-Live is fucking dope live as well. These guys really work for the crowd, no lazy snippet lipsync shit over vocal tracks. What artists or groups(mainstream or underground) do you guys recommend checking for live?

• damagedamage 118 Posts
    are blackalicious any good, considering seeing them when they come into town

• HawkeyeHawkeye 896 Posts
    It is not rap but funk what I would consider. Sharon Jones of Daptones dame is a animal on stage. Thats what I love about a good show. I can feel the pain, power, love energy of this artist because she is "living" on stage instead of acting.

The same goes for Marva Whitney, she had a realy bad band behind her (not bad in the meaning of good, they sucked), the promotion was so fucked up that only 60 people came to the show (what a shame) but she was enormous. She was this 60 year old atomic bomb turning the roof on fire.

Rapwise I watch concerts for over 15 years now and the good ones are only these
    few.

Gravediggaz, IAM (france), Supreme NTM (france), DJ Static & Nat Ill (denmark), KRS ONE, Busta Rhymes (he made the crowd so crazy that the floor shaked, no joke)

Peace
    Hawkeye