OUTFOXED

dayday 9,611 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
Late pass, I know, but I finally got around to picking this up the other day. I'd love to see how our resident right wangers try to spin this.That network is one of the most subversive forms of propaganda imaginable. It's also pretty frightening to know Rupert Murdoch owns news outlets that reach 3/4 of the PLANET (not to mention MySpace ).

Comments

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    yeah and it feels a bit strange to be a part of myspace now when Murdoch owns it.

• Late pass, I know, but I finally got around to picking this up the other day. I'd love to see how our resident right wangers try to spin this.

That network is one of the most subversive forms of propoganda imaginable. It's also pretty frightening to know Rupert Murdoch owns news outlets that reach 3/4 of the PLANET (not to mention MySpace ).

no doubt Foxnews is a propaganda tool, but most news nowadays is. "journalists" have stopped reporting news and, instead, began telling us how they feel about current events.

How is the public supposed to decide for itself wben those we ask to give us the facts give us their opinions instead?

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Pretty amazing stuff, huh? For all its sub-crappy production value, it's a really effective movie. The illest shit was the whole to-do about Reagan's birthday. Fox News wanted to hype it up like it's a national holiday; nobody else cared. Still, Fox was able to manufacture the story it wanted to run.

Somebody needs to knock both Sean Hannity and Bill O'Reilly the fuck out.

• z_illaz_illa 867 Posts
    O'Reily vs. Jeremy Glick =

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    O'Reily vs. Jeremy Glick =

Yeah man, that guy is a lizard person piece of shit.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Its take on the media was about the only good aspect of "V For Vendetta"... they were spot on with that.

OK, there was one other good aspect

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    maybe I need to watch this again but I remember it being a terd.

really disjointed; lots of "former Fox employees" with really vague stories about intimidation and selective broadcasting but no real specifics about anything.

• JazzsuckaJazzsucka 720 Posts
    A few other documentaries that I recommend people to check out:

-this shit above melted my face

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    maybe I need to watch this again but I remember it being a terd.
    cosign. I thought Bush's Brain was great though. Also, Fog of War, more broad than just the Bush Administration but nontheless a masterpiece IMO.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    It's also pretty frightening to know Rupert Murdoch owns news outlets that reach 3/4 of the PLANET