Soulstrut Comp???

DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
whats the hold up?

Comments

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    I still have to submit the final mixdown so plaese to indeed hold up

I don't really know what's up otherwise.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Olski and I haven't rapped in a while. The BBR EP is still selling fairly well and keeps getting repressed... so I would imagine he's milking that dry. But yeah.. ready when you are Oliver.

• Raj- Are you gonna have any more copies to sell. i asw the initial batch and slept...

Raj- Are you gonna have any more copies to sell. i asw the initial batch and slept...

Probably not... I have sent Oliver a couple e-mails in the past asking for more and they have gone unanswered. The guy marches to the beat of his own drum. When it comes crunch time, my inbox is flooded (to the point where I can't keep up with him and he sends me angry e-mails)... when he has his own shit to take care of, I don't hear from him for months. At this point, I'm starting to second guess shit. We picked the tracks for the comp over a year a go and new music is being made and new people are coming on to the scene. Ground control to major Olski.

• FILE UNDER

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    Raj- Are you gonna have any more copies to sell. i asw the initial batch and slept...

Probably not... I have sent Oliver a couple e-mails in the past asking for more and they have gone unanswered. The guy marches to the beat of his own drum. When it comes crunch time, my inbox is flooded (to the point where I can't keep up with him and he sends me angry e-mails)... when he has his own shit to take care of, I don't hear from him for months. At this point, I'm starting to second guess shit. We picked the tracks for the comp over a year a go and new music is being made and new people are coming on to the scene. Ground control to major Olski.

RAJ you need to start up your own shit stateside. Milk your own pool of talent.

Seriously I had to actually PURCHASE Day's new 12"

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    Instigation-strut

5 pager alert...oh man this is going to great.

FILE UNDER

FRIDAY AFTERNOON INTERNATIONAL BEEF STRUT. STEEL CAGE MATCH

RAGIN' RAJ VS OLSKI THE GERMANIAC

There is no beef, dude. This is the only way SS as a whole will get his attention. It appears he hides behind his record label facade and comes out of the woodwork come crunch time. The fact that he is a deadbeat secret santa doesn't help his cred around here either.

I know. I seriously slept. Olski played my message board as a farm club for his record label. He has an established label with distribution and contacts.. something that I could never fuck with. I felt flattered that he felt he should pay the site back by releasing the comp, but now it's apparent that he's putting out new releases from ss talent without the ss name on it. Oliver please weigh in on this.

• Instigation-strut

*rolling eyes*

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

I know. I seriously slept. Olski played my message board as a farm club for his record label. He has an established label with distribution and contacts.. something that I could never fuck with. I felt flattered that he felt he should pay the site back by releasing the comp, but now it's apparent that he's putting out new releases from ss talent without the ss name on it. Oliver please weigh in on this.

That's a tough one R**k... I mean, I totally see where you're coming from. But then, as you say, you're not in the business of making records the way he is. Technically it is his job to scout talent wherever he may find it, and this is a talented bunch of folks.

But in terms of doing joint ventures, I mean contact and communication is crucial. Shit, it's hard enough just to sell a used record when you can't keep in stable contact with someone, I can't imagine a business deal. To that end, a guy who wanted to distribute Impalaville has been exactly the same way: MIA when I have questions/concerns, all up in my grill when he needs something. So I think I'm just going to dead the situation, I can do better on my own.

• HawkeyeHawkeye 896 Posts
    Chill boys and girls. It's right that Olski found some artists on this site, but it is also the other way.

When I heard of the compilation and that only SS members are alowed to particapate I became a member of this forum, first it was a move to be on this compi, now SS is a everyday part of my life. I'm not posting as much as the other ones but I read a lot and I identify myself with SS. "I became a Soulstrutter through Olski" should be written on my T-Shirt.

And yes Olski is not always the fastest when it comes to response, but thats only because he is doing two buisnesses at the same time. I cant go to much into details because thats his privat shit, but he is not only the spine for MPM, he got other shit too.

And he did MPM totaly alone for quite a time because he had a problem with his volunter. So everything from managing lazy artists, to promotion, kicking the ass of the distributors, doing the job of the distributors because their ass is painless, organizing the mastering, artwork, booking, taxes, accountant shit and hustling with dudes about sampling issues and trying to solve them, than he is still DJaying, writing articles and being a family man.

Do that all alone and you'll see how much time is left.

Now he found a new volunter but they have to find the way to work right together.

Peace
    Hawkeye

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    Instigation-strut

*rolling eyes*

dude...

5 pager alert...oh man this is going to great.
    RAGIN' RAJ VS OLSKI THE GERMANIAC

yeah. you're right. this was a great addition to the conversation. keep rolling.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Chill boys and girls. It's right that Olski found some artists on this site, but it is also the other way.
    somehow i think olski makes out a bit more than raj in the finding talent vs finding new posters deal.....

• i don't see raj being ass-hurt....but yeah you're right i'll edit my comment.

somehow i think olski makes out a bit more than raj in the finding talent vs finding new posters deal.....

If thats the only thing you had to reply to my post than I could make my point clear.

Peace
    Hawkeye

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    ok, what about no matter what happens, as a business owner you are responsible for your shit? i mean, dude may be going through some shit and people on here are pretty forgiving but shit only goes so long

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts
    just call the dude.

Wahlenstr. 1-3
    50823 K??ln/Cologne
    Germany
    Tel ++49-221-8238564

I knew you had something more to say.

Look, you are right when we would talk about dreamland. But we have to accept the reality.

And if he would be Interscope, you would be right too, but not if we talk about a one man show who always tryes to bring the stuff that Interscope is not bringing.

I'm not here to defend the man, he must do that on his own, but right now he is in france to DJ there as far as I know and therefore will not answer till monday.

So before you guys ran your mouth with a million theorys and bash him and propably bringing quotes like "He's not even reacting on this thread so we are right with all what we say" I'm just giving you some infos you might not knew yet.

What you think of him is up to you, I just say dont bash someone when you never walked in his shoes.

In those situations I allways remember one scene from the movie "Life of Brian" by Monty Pythons.
    "Don't pass judgement on other people, or you might get judged yourself""

Peace
    Hawkeye

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    ARE YOU GUYS SMOKING CRACK???
    ok seriously,...i usually dont get into these kinds of beefy threads but since im about to drop a 12inch on mpm and have been comunicating with the man for a few months now plus i have a track on that ss comp too, i feel i need to drop a couple lines on this.
    first... YO!!! theres different kinds of record related peeps on this board, thats what makes it so dope, we cant all be doing posts on a everyday basis or having same opinions, and i see olski posts in there from time to time when theres some shit he wants to comment on.
    my quess on the ss comp is that as long as the first ss 12 is still selling copies olski is holding the album release...logic!
    finding people to work with, i really dont see whats wrong with hooking up with heads through the internet, people use this site for different reasons...record info old and new, selling trading or just some good intertainment, olski is naturally also using this site in relation to his label and thats cool imo!
    im not trying to defend this guy just because im working with him, im sure he can say things for himself but as hawkeye said he is a b-u-s-y man, this weekend in marseille doing a gig.
    peace.

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    untill he's back let's just

Dave at Baghat still has copies of the BBR EP:

http://www.baghatvinyl.com/catalog_i3500988.html?catId=101024

We'll wait for the man himself to weigh in on the subject... but bottom line is, I'm ready when he is to put this damn thing out there.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    Now he found a new volunter but they have to find the way to work right together.

*cough*...actually, I'd say I'm a little bit more than that. And our way of working together is quite promising...regarding the comp, it is still on the table, but alot of other ish is going on too...but I am pretty sure that it will happen...for any other conspiracy theories regarding MPM's "Milk me" approach, please report to Hawkeye...I'm through with defending small independent labels where everyone thinks they're rippin people off, just cause time is limited....yawn...

• Now he found a new volunter but they have to find the way to work right together.

*cough*...actually, I'd say I'm a little bit more than that. And our way of working together is quite promising...regarding the comp, it is still on the table, but alot of other ish is going on too...but I am pretty sure that it will happen...for any other conspiracy theories regarding MPM's "Milk me" approach, please report to Hawkeye...I'm through with defending small independent labels where everyone thinks they're rippin people off, just cause time is limited....yawn...

I think the major issue here is communication, all whoever is running the show has to do is return a quick email saying I'm not ready to release it, here are the reasons, blah blah blah. Communication is the key to any relationship, big or small.