On some cell phone shit... HELP!!!!!

Mr. CasualMr. Casual 953 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
I know this has nothing to do with records, but I trying to vent; and also get some advice from someone that has had to deal with this to....I unknowingly went over my minutes by 200 this month. I was on vacation and using my phone more than I normally would have. They charged me $100 dollars for overages!!! my regular bill is $55! My contract is up in 2 months and I am still waiting to talk to a supervisor... is there anything I can do to knock this bill down?????

Comments

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    There would have been if you would have caught it before your billing cycle was up. Most cel phone companies will let you switch your plan mid month and switch it retroactively so your minutes are covered and you just get charged extra for the new plan at the end of the month.

But going over on your minutes and not knowing and wanting a refund for it?...not gonna happen homie.

• Mr. CasualMr. Casual 953 Posts
    What about the whole... Look I am a loyal costumer bullshit.. this has never worked?

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    What about the whole... Look I am a loyal costumer bullshit.. this has never worked?

loyal customer? they have you by the balls in a contract! of course your a loyal customer.

not gonna work. cell phone companies suck ass.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    Just be thankful it's only $100, my friend was on the line for $10,000 on some overseas stolen phone ish. He was lucky in that they cleared him after he went on the local news consumer watch thing. I designed him this t-shirt:

So no one has ever worked over a supervisor at Sprint?

YES!!! My contract was up in a month so they said if I renew it I can get those charges off and and 5% discount on my bill. LOve that Leverage PEOPLE

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Anyone you talk to has like a $50 "go away" sum to get you off their nuts. I use this all the time.

I also have recently been using what Daze was talking about, as my usage went from 800 min to 1200 min to 1700 min in three months... :/

"cost of doing business"

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    YES!!! My contract was up in a month so they said if I renew it I can get those charges off and and 5% discount on my bill. LOve that Leverage PEOPLE

haha, I stand corrected. good for you man.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts

That's good, if you planned to renew. Doing that is kinda like the introductory rates on credit cards, you get a break in the short run but they know they'll have plenty of time to fuck you over in the long run.

• Word!

That shit sums up my past couple years of Celly service.