Flies in the boonies

johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
I picked up the new Giant Nickel yesterday to see what yard/garage/estate sales were around. There were two of interest this morning. First one had nothing, lots of washing machines.

Second one was a few miles out of town, in the small podunk area known as Burbank, Washington. This is a place that used to be known for its Pizza Barn[/b], which burned down a few years ago when there was a kegger and things went out of hand. Why the party was in the Pizza Barn parking lot I'll never know. Anyway, the ad clearly stated records. Knowing what Burbank is about, I was sure it would be a bunch of country music but one never knows.

I got there and there were a lot of tractors in the front yard. That should've been my clue. The records were in a shed filled with clothes, books, and odd knick-knack-whatever they call them, and I was greeted with flies. LOTS OF FLIES. I saw the records and the first ones I saw were Sheena Easton, followed by loads of country music. I do remember that Easton had spent some time on the country charts as well, especially after her duet with Kenny Rogers.

In the past I would have just walked out empty handed, but I've been giving an honest listen to older country music and I wanted to see what was there. Lots of names I was familiar with, some not. As I'm looking, the buzz of the flies were just over my head, for some reason all I kept thinking was that old song by The Accused, "Halo Of Flies":

I've returned from the dead
and there is nothing, I CAN DO!!!

I was going to buy one or two albums, but made it out with 10. I bought three Buck Owens albums (all mono) and a bunch of other stuff I haven't looked through. I'll eventually post my finds on my site, but I'm going to remember those flies.

Comments