Framing suggestions???

CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
I'm searching for some CHEAP but nice framing options. I have 6 prints sizes approximately 21.5 inches in length by 14 inches in width that need framing. I also have 2 prints sizes 24 inches in length by 18 inches in width.I know there are some artists on here so if any of you do framing and would like to work out a barter that would be great as well.No Ikea frames please. Also, the most minimal the better.Thanks.PS: I'm located in NY if that makes it any easier.

Comments

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    cosign

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    Define cheap. $100 bucks too steep?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    In TOTAL for 6? No. Per frame? Yes, at this time that is more than I can spend, unfortunately. The sad thing is that the prints are hella expensive. When I get some real money on the expendable tip I can get them reframed but for now I just want these things on the wall and not stored on top of my boxshelf....

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    There's Ikea and then everything else--which will run you over $200 per piece. Maybe less for smaller things. Mrs fatback and I had three items framed recently (avg size about 60 X 40) and it costed about $600. Fucked me up, but it's nice.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Yeah... I'm really looking for a middle ground between Ikea and REAL framing jobs. Guess there isn't one.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    I couldn't. But, if you find out, please share.

• i don't know about in ny, but in boston, there are places like Corners, which puts a new f-ing coupon in your mailbox every week. Think lower end custom framing. We had four things to frame there last year, and got out for $220.

The trick we found was that custom framing was to find a plain colored premade frame with slightly larger dimensions than we were looking for. Buy that frame for like $20 (or less, depending on how cheap/expensive you want to go) and have them cut a mat for it. Mat- makes it look nice, custom. Prebuilt frame- makes the whole operation cheap.