MySpace Observations (and Gripes)

Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
I've had a profile for aproximately one week. This is what I've noticed:1. People like to share trivia about themselves. Perhaps I'm in the minority, but I could give a fuck about dumb ass 'here are 50 things you should know about me including the thread count of my sheets and the last time i received a wet willy' surveys. The narcissism that makes a person think I care enough to read this tripe is shocking.2. Random MCs think my radio show is going to break them, despite the fact that I've never played any post-1982 rap on Waxing Deep and probably never will.3. Some people take it way too seriously. When you start identifying your self-worth with the number of friends you have, it's a bad scene. 4. It's a really great networking tool and I was a fool not jumbing on board from day one.

Comments

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    jumbing

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    the thread count of my sheets

This is actually a pretty accurate indicator of a person's value.

As a wise man-child once said: better sheets ==> better sleep ==> better person

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    jumbing

In my top 8 4 eva.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    My only advice about Myspace... don't tell girlfriends you're on it.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

This is the wisest thing Fauxy has written on this site.

I fully rep my 600 count egyptian cotton realness.

One of my friends ripped my bed sheet once, if it weren't for the fact that weed makes me lazy I may have socked him in the larynyx

• One thing I noticed / observed ..Tila Tequila is pretty bangin.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

Word... so then they can find you hiding with your suave pictures and girlie comments and "status: single" and shit...

• the thread count of my sheets

One of my friends ripped my bedsheet once, if it weren't for the fact that weed makes me lazy I may have socked hin in the larynyx

what was he doing in the bed to begin with?

One of my friends ripped my bedsheet once, if it weren't for the fact that weed makes me lazy I may have socked hin in the larynyx

Snuggling and getting high together, apparently

Word... so then they can find you hiding with your suave pictures and girlie comments and "status: single" and shit...

I'm speaking more about the post-breakup who-deletes-who and all that butthurt shit that goes along with it.

BTW, bought new sheets yesterday. 1000 thread count bitches!

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

Snuggling and getting high together, apparently

ain't nothing wrong with the snuggle, just keep it gentle.

I don't like it rough

• Did anyone read that thread I started about jobs using myspace in their background checks of potential employees?

the streets suits are watching

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    3. When you start identifying your self-worth with the number of enemies[/b] you have, welcome to my world.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    can people on myspace check to see who viewed their profile?

see the above post about hiding myspace from your girlfriend

I'm speaking more about the post-breakup who-deletes-who and all that butthurt shit that goes along with it.

Dude! Can I sleep with you? (Homo or no homo, I don't care. Just once, I want to know what it feels like to really live).

3. When you start identifying your self-worth with the number of enemies[/b] you have, welcome to my world.

Haha. I'm with you. All I do is sit at home, smoke pot, listen to free jazz, and count my enemies.

PS It's the quality of your enemies, not the quantity.

Dude! Can I sleep with you? (Homo or no homo, I don't care. Just once, I want to know what it feels like to really live).

I'd quiz him further about his setup before taking it there--the sheets are only as good as the mattress that they're stretched over.

• lotuslandlotusland 740 Posts
    girls who weigh 300 lbs appear in photo to weigh 110.

I'd quiz him further about his setup before taking it there--the sheets are only as good as the mattress that they're stretched over.

Oh, and little dudes: as with all things, when we talk about threadcount, we are talking about the right number, not simply the biggest one. That 600 threadcount sateen schitt is not a good look.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    I don't know why you guys have a problem with people basing their self importance on the number of friends they have. I find it to be a lot like record collecting. I so base my self worth on the amount of records I have & with myspace I just substitute records for friends.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

Oh, and little dudes: as with all things, when we talk about threadcount, we are talking about the right number, not simply the biggest one. That 600 threadcount sateen schitt is not a good look.

Or for instance Egyptian Cotton is nice but if it's a sub-1,000 thread count it will end up getting linty and feeling more like cheese cloth.

• goatboygoatboy 371 Posts

Or for instance Egyptian Cotton is nice but if it's a sub-1,000 thread count it will end up getting linty and feeling more like cheese cloth.

I had a set like this...

Totally pilling up on me after only a few months = total disappointment.

Record and fabric knowledge! JP is certainly next level!

girls who weigh 300 lbs appear in photo to weigh 110.

That's no concern of mine; all girls in Fredericton are 300 lbs. I just assume it to be the case until it's proven otherwise.

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    can people on myspace check to see who viewed their profile?

see the above post about hiding myspace from your girlfriend

yes, so watch who you stalk... there are programs where you can see who's checking out yr myspace...

• crossingscrossings 946 Posts
    i'm not even on myspace... but here's my gripe:

it seems that almost everyone that has a myspace page is so desperate for attention & letting you know all this crap about them, that they seem to forget all common sense...

it's like the second the page starts loading you get hit with some loudass background music... then all of a sudden not one but THREE different video feeds will all start automatically playing on top of that... not to mention the fact that you can't even read their text 'cause of the background graphics. i mean, shit... if that's what YOUR SPACE looks like, i can only imagine your fuckin bedroom!...

you'd think anyone that desperate for attention would at least put some effort into making their text color legible... or making some sense of their cluttered-ass mess.

i guess my point is that people who can't be bothered to learn html or some basic layout shouldn't be allowed to have their own webspace... they're cluttering the internet.

but if myspace gets you pussy... more power to you.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    look around you, people have no sense of coordination/style. People can't dress properly, nor can they grasp the concept of interior design. One needs not look any further than the sample base that is record collectors. Shouldn't expect things to be any different on myspace.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Myspace gets me money.