(Bacterial) Tonsilitis Strut

mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
3 weeks ago, I had a cold that lingered, cleared up, but left a sore throat. P*ti*nt F*rs* checked for strep...results were negative. mono? negative. (whew). so the doctor told me to give it a couple days and i'm still not improving, take some antibiotics (amoxicillan somethin er otheracid).thankfully it does clear up and i finish the antibiotics.everything is goin dandy...I pull a Curtis s/t outta the dollar bin ...yadda yadda yadda yakkitty smackitty...last Wednesday, i wake up with a headache. go into work a lil' later than usual. (didn't wanna miss our "benefits" meeting ... ) and i start getting feverish in the afternoon. So Thursday, I don't go in and I wake up with a sore throat. My girl never gets sick so she brings me some Tylenol (4 tablets... she doesn't get sick, she doesn't know that ain't going to last long). I switch to Motrin as I have some of that. I take Kroger Nighttime (bobby generic Nyquil) to help me get thru the night since I'm tossing and turning and throwing my girl's arm off me since I don't feel good and its not helping. And I'm taking the occassional (also generic) lozenge.Friday, I call my doctor to see if they can squeeze me in, but they can't. They prescribe more antibiotics (azithromycin) over the phone, which I was hopeful would clear everything up fast since there were only 5 doses.Well, today I took my 3rd dose this afternoon and still no change. My fever was still rockin between 99 and 102 degrees farenheit; I still had a slight headache; I had no appetite (I'd eat, but get tired and have no desire to continue...no hunger); and my throat still looked really I had to do something. Since my doctor's office was closed, I returned to Patient First. They did blood work again showing normal white blood counts (so no strep). The doctor diagnosed me as having a bacterial type of Tonsilitis. They gave me a shot of Rocephin in the "hip" (standing) and a prescription for Levaquin.Hopefully[/b], I'm on my road to recovery now. He hopes I'll be feelin' somewhat better in 48 hours.(I'm still planning on trying to see my doctor as soon as possible to get her thoughts on all this.)As far as diet, he recommended:jello, oatmeal, apple juice (big organic jug), milkshakes, and Gatoradeany other recommendations are most certainly welcome.As nice as it is to be missing another 2 days of work...it sucks when you are sick. I'm getting a lil' cabin feverish. I watched Suicide Kings ( ), Old School, Beavis & Butthead Troubled Youth, Monty Python & the Holy Grail and put significant dents in Simpsons Season 4 and Chapelle Show Season 2. I also watched the first Godfather and plan on watching the other 2 over the next couple days. Saul Williams' "Dead Emcee Scrolls: the Lost Teachings of Hip-Hop" have helped pass the (bathroom) time.Working on music stuff is a bit more difficult as it calls upon more energy than lying in bed watching the tube. But I have managed to get a few minor things accomplished on that end as well.Anybody who's been thru this or somethin similar... feel free to drop the knowledge.ps- I did manage to eat a whole bowl of oatmeal while writing this, so I can start my Levaquin tonight without a totally empty stomach. [/endnovel]

Comments

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    damn drew, every time I talk to you you're getting over something. hope you feel better, brough. use this time wisely.

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    yeh it sucks.

forgot to mention i also watched Me, Myself & Irene.

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    man, I feel you!

This first year of teaching has been hell.

I just got over my 2nd case of bacterial bronchitis since Xmas and today I woke with one lymph node the size of a golfball and I can barely swallow anything. PLEASE DON'T BE STREP! Last time I had strep throat I was on vicodin for a week because it hurt so much.

I don't know wtf is going on but I do know I can't take any days off because I'm getting observed all week.

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    Hope you feel better dude.
    I just got over the flu. No where as sick as you sound but i was tripping out on that fever

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    damn homie. hope you get better soon.

• a real good sore throat home remedy is wild honey. swallow a spoonful every so often, and it really helps.

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    suicide kings is tight man. walken is on fire in that shit.

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    a real good sore throat home remedy is wild honey. swallow a spoonful every so often, and it really helps.
    my islamic hommie told me that back in the day. may have to pick some up.

suicide kings is tight man. walken is on fire in that shit.
    true Walken is the saving grace among the winey spoiled brats that kidnapped him, but the movie is so drawn out and there is way too much gun-waving. Dennis Leary was okay too.

seein' my doc at 1:30.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    Dude, sorry to hear your still sick. Get well soon mang.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Watch Godfather 2 but don't bother with the 3rd. You'll get as much satisfying resolution out of watching The Freshman.

Fingers crossed for a speedy recovery.....

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    Watch Godfather 2 but don't bother with the 3rd. You'll get as much satisfying resolution out of watching The Freshman.

I was going to mention this as well.

Godfather III