ANY OTHER J-DILLA 2005 BEAT TAPES OUT THERE

SoulmanSoulman 66 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
...after 3 & 4? I like 3 & 4 a lot and guess there must be more out there but haven't heard yet holla

Comments

• PEKPEK 735 Posts
    ...after 3 & 4? I like 3 & 4 a lot and guess there must be more out there but haven't heard yet holla

I don't have 'em (4 through 6), but there are 6 in total from that time span...

• ...after 3 & 4? I like 3 & 4 a lot and guess there must be more out there but haven't heard yet holla

I beg you to hook me up with the one of those 2 I don't have, the one I got has 43 tracks.

PLEASE!

• z_illaz_illa 867 Posts
    alright dudes, let's do this right, I though I had 3 and 4 but all I could find was 4.

Here it is.
    http://s63.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2TR475FY6TY293UXMRPD6VZ5L1

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

...all I could find was 4.

this is Another Batch, from '98.

• MoSSMoSS 458 Posts
    IMO his earlier beat tapes are the real heat. 1998-2002 times. The ish he was making when running with Qtip and right when esvee dropped the player 12" they pressed themselves. Some of those had 88 beats on 'em... They all had those insane baselines he used to kill. Those beats to this day are just fuck'n amazing.

I used to spend a lot of time in Detroit back when I was working with Obie. I got one of the 100 copy pressed edition of Fantastic Volume 1. lol. That was when Tribe JUST dropped Beats, Rhymes and Life and tip was rocking the Dilla beats under UMMA. I remember searching everywhere in Detroit but nobody knew who Dilla or Esvee was. Even the 12" spots didn't know who the fuck I was talking about until I found Houseshoes.

• SoulmanSoulman 66 Posts
    IMO his earlier beat tapes are the real heat. 1998-2002 times. The ish he was making when running with Qtip and right when esvee dropped the player 12" they pressed themselves. Some of those had 88 beats on 'em... They all had those insane baselines he used to kill. Those beats to this day are just fuck'n amazing.

i think most hardcroe dilla fans prolly agree w/ u, MoSS... dudes who know me well know i never was really a big jaydee fan, try as i may 2 get into his stuff (kinda like how i try to get N2 southern rap and yay urea rap... i like some of it but for th Most part it just izn't my thing). I luved stuff like "Runnin'", "Fall In Love", "Get A Hold", "F- The Police", all the real sampley soundin' stuff. The more neo-soulish-kufi influenced dilla beats weren't for me. But "Donuts" is my SCHITT, as is beat tape #3 and most of beat tape #4.
    regardless of the stuff he did that i wasn't feelin' all that much, it was still totally clear 2 me that dilla was a GENIUS. best ever? as nasir said, "ain't no best". it don't even matter. he was GREAT,

kinda pisses me off that iMO more people can't see the brilliance of "Donuts", but whuteva. i just want that 2005 #5 and #6 if you got those hooka n-word up holla

i think most hardcroe dilla fans prolly agree w/ u, MoSS... dudes who know me well know i never was really a big jaydee fan, try as i may 2 get into his stuff (kinda like how i try to get N2 southern rap and yay urea rap... i like some of it but for th Most part it just izn't my thing). I luved stuff like "Runnin'", "Fall In Love", "Get A Hold", "F- The Police", all the real sampley soundin' stuff. The more neo-soulish-kufi influenced dilla beats weren't for me. But "Donuts" is my SCHITT, as is beat tape #3 and most of beat tape #4.
    regardless of the stuff he did that i wasn't feelin' all that much, it was still totally clear 2 me that dilla was a GENIUS. best ever? as nasir said, "ain't no best". it don't even matter. he was GREAT,

kinda pisses me off that iMO more people can't see the brilliance of "Donuts", but whuteva. i just want that 2005 #5 and #6 if you got those hooka n-word up holla

i only hAVe 1-3, though id love to hear 4(up hint hint). nevermind 5 or 6...
    i also have a "tape" from last year called da 1st installment.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts

Holy shit. The Creedence chop on track 8 of this is

All those Motown chops are nuts as well, especially the Gladys Knight/track 5.

Thanks for this, and to z_illa for #4. Much appreciated.