Derived Value

DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
Now granted i have only flipped through one record pricing catalog recently, but how do you arrive at a value for some of these old raers that i see posted all over these boards? The pricing guide i looked at was weak to say the least, no Jimmy Smith or Wes Montgomery (?!?) Can you folks reccomend one that covers a lot of the more out of the way stuff or at least stuff that is relevent to digging.i am going to hit Borders this weekend and poke around but if there's a Diggers Pricing Bible out there i would appreciate the name of it.peaceDr joel

Comments

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,900 Posts
    Now granted i have only flipped through one record pricing catalog recently, but how do you arrive at a value for some of these old raers that i see posted all over these boards? The pricing guide i looked at was weak to say the least, no Jimmy Smith or Wes Montgomery (?!?) Can you folks reccomend one that covers a lot of the more out of the way stuff or at least stuff that is relevent to digging.

i am going to hit Borders this weekend and poke around but if there's a Diggers Pricing Bible out there i would appreciate the name of it.

peace

Dr joel

Yes, there is... Go HERE

HA... Sorry... It's friday...

Umm.. Do you understand japanese? they got some good guides.

• DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts
    That works.....very much appreciated.

Friday is right.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,900 Posts
    I wouldn't really go by alot of the prices from there...

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    Now granted i have only flipped through one record pricing catalog recently, but how do you arrive at a value for some of these old raers that i see posted all over these boards? The pricing guide i looked at was weak to say the least, no Jimmy Smith or Wes Montgomery [/b] (?!?) Can you folks reccomend one that covers a lot of the more out of the way stuff or at least stuff that is relevent to digging.

i am going to hit Borders this weekend and poke around but if there's a Diggers Pricing Bible out there i would appreciate the name of it.

peace

Dr joel

I don't know much about pricing but I do know Jimmy Smith and Wes Montgomery records are not really very raer.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    if it's not in the Reynaldo guide???, then it don't matter.

• if it's not in the Reynaldo guide???, then it don't matter.

The Rey guide came up in a google search yesterday...love that shite.

hahaha!!! oh lord, what have we done?!?!

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

I want to know Reynaldo's opinion of the recent Lovelites auction. VG- = $150? Yikes!

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    Like my dad told me when I was collecting baseball cards... something's only worth as much as someone's willing to pay for it.

• if it's not in the Reynaldo guide???, then it don't matter.

You've created...a MONSTER!!!!

• DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts
    The pricing guide i looked at was weak to say the least, no Jimmy Smith or Wes Montgomery (?!?) Can you folks reccomend one that covers a lot of the more out of the way stuff or at least stuff that is relevent to digging.

Larry, i didnt want to give that impression of Jimmy or Wes, just illustrating how weak the pricing guide is.

Thanks for info y'all.

• priceguides are useless: compiling them takes so long that once the Z is done, the pricing on the A is hopelessly outdated.

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    The pricing guide i looked at was weak to say the least, no Jimmy Smith or Wes Montgomery (?!?) Can you folks reccomend one that covers a lot of the more out of the way stuff or at least stuff that is relevent to digging.

Larry, i didnt want to give that impression of Jimmy or Wes, just illustrating how weak the pricing guide is.

Thanks for info y'all.
    There are a few genre specific guides too. Like the Funk Lexicon (sp?), it doesn't have a price guide but a rarity guide. And what's the one for psych, Polka? Which also has a rarity guide based on a 5 star rating (I think... I don't own any of these books, albertan mustache rare is never in those books).

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts

haha dude gave "Out to Lunch" and "Future Days" 8/10. But Skull Snaps is a perfect 10!