Are we feeling Ghost's "718" album?

Most definitely.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts

Most definitely.

• Are we feeling Ghost's "718" album?

Most definitely.

Feelin' it

• This was way better than I expected. Shawn Wigs still sucks. Totally worth buying though. Is this on LP?

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

Yes.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts

Most of it, at least.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

It's okay as a companion piece to Pretty Tony, but no way is it better than that album as a lot of people were trying to say.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Oh, hell no its not better than Pretty Toney

I kinda didn't like the way the changed up a couple of the songs from the mixtape versions, such as the hook on "Gorilla Hood"

Shawn Wiggs is really shitty

I just spotted some new Sureshot mix CD last night which has the Theodore Unit AV8 12" - that badass De La dis "Pretty Toney Shoulda..."

• Are we feeling Ghost's "718" album?

It's okay as a companion piece to Pretty Tony, but no way is it better than that album as a lot of people were trying to say.

Ode to a Ghostface

I haven't heard it yet, but I can't believe it could touch Pretty Tony. I was actually listening to that and Supreme Clientele the last few days (before I finally got Beanie's shit). I'm not convinced that Supreme Clientele is better than Pretty Tony. OK, let me rephrase. I think Supreme clientele is probably better, but it's Ghost at his most complex. I mean attention deficit disorder rhymes for days. Pretty Tony is so focused. I've probably listened to Supreme Clientele 100 times and I still can't spit lyrics along with it, and sometimes I have no idea what he's talking about. I try too. That shit is too all over. I love it, but got damn, ghost, for the brain/tongue-tied, please stick to one thought or get me a wu-manual just for that record. The beats on the joint are insane, though, and just the unexpectedness of it when it hit. It's the strongest Wu album to me. Plus, all the extra tracks. When I first got it, I was trying to figure out what song was what. They only listed like 14 songs, but in reality there are like 20. But Pretty Tony, I got so much love for that album. Ghost to me is the best picture painter out there, and on this album, he's at it constantly. I always think of his stories like faded memories, cause I feel like I was there and the images are there, but not quite. And so much love on the record. I think it's probably the best hip hop love lp ever. Of course there's grime, but the whole middle is love/sex and then the end with Tooken back (when you went behind the tree and peed/I love shit like that) and Love. The soulful beats, the classic breaks. Again, so focused. I can't wait for his next 3 records.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts

Ode to a Ghostface

I haven't heard it yet, but I can't believe it could touch Pretty Tony. I was actually listening to that and Supreme Clientele the last few days (before I finally got Beanie's shit). I'm not convinced that Supreme Clientele is better than Pretty Tony. OK, let me rephrase. I think Supreme clientele is probably better, but it's Ghost at his most complex. I mean attention deficit disorder rhymes for days. Pretty Tony is so focused. I've probably listened to Supreme Clientele 100 times and I still can't spit lyrics along with it, and sometimes I have no idea what he's talking about. I try too. That shit is too all over. I love it, but got damn, ghost, for the brain/tongue-tied, please stick to one thought or get me a wu-manual just for that record. The beats on the joint are insane, though, and just the unexpectedness of it when it hit. It's the strongest Wu album to me. Plus, all the extra tracks. When I first got it, I was trying to figure out what song was what. They only listed like 14 songs, but in reality there are like 20. But Pretty Tony, I got so much love for that album. Ghost to me is the best picture painter out there, and on this album, he's at it constantly. I always think of his stories like faded memories, cause I feel like I was there and the images are there, but not quite. And so much love on the record. I think it's probably the best hip hop love lp ever. Of course there's grime, but the whole middle is love/sex and then the end with Tooken back (when you went behind the tree and peed/I love shit like that) and Love. The soulful beats, the classic breaks. Again, so focused. I can't wait for his next 3 records.

Yeah, dog... I never could understand why some dudes were kinda pissin' on that Pretty Toney album. That's a dope ass record right there, son! I think it's just the Missy collabo- just the idea of Ghost w/ Missy made some hardcore GFK fans mutiny. But really, considering that it was an attempt at a commercial track, "Tush" really wasn't all that bad of a song (uh-oh... here come the disagreeable folls). The Both Worlds sample was pretty damn raw for a Missy song. Plus Ghost had my imaginary mistress Esther Baxter on his lap in the video too (believe me, that would turn anybody's dick into a Great Adventure cigar). I ain't mad at that shit, mang!!!

Theodore Unit? Just let Ghost do all the rhymin' and let the other dudes play the back with mean mugs and those red and white jackets.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    I'm hella not mad at Pretty Toney. Even the Missy song.

• Yeah, dog... I never could understand why some dudes were kinda pissin' on that Pretty Toney album. That's a dope ass record right there, son! I think it's just the Missy collabo- just the idea of Ghost w/ Missy made some hardcore GFK fans mutiny. But really, considering that it was an attempt at a commercial track, "Tush" really wasn't all that bad of a song (uh-oh... here come the disagreeable folls). The Both Worlds sample was pretty damn raw for a Missy song. Plus Ghost had my imaginary mistress Esther Baxter on his lap in the video too (believe me, that would turn anybody's dick into a Great Adventure cigar). I ain't mad at that shit, mang!!!

Theodore Unit? Just let Ghost do all the rhymin' and let the other dudes play the back with mean mugs and those red and white jackets.

Yeah, Tush is probably the weakest track, but when Ghost kicks shit like "charlie horse shit/threw me off balance," it's still good listening.

• 1980Beatz1980Beatz 159 Posts
    Sean Wigs is alot better than that othter white dude in that other song with the violin. Paul WAll or whatever.

BUt 718 is crazy. Why must they insist on calling it the "official mixtape" though. That trend is getting quite lame.

"Pass the MIc" gets heavy rotation.

My two Lincolns anyway.

Sean Wigs is alot better than that other white dude in that other song with the violin. Paul Wall or whatever.

Ban this poptart.

Sean Wigs is alot better than that other white dude in that other song with the violin. Paul Wall or whatever.

Ban this poptart.

Cool!

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    Why must they insist on calling it the "official mixtape" though. That trend HAS BEEN[/b] quite lame.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

Ban this poptart.

Cool!

come on dude, that white ghostface rip off is better than the peoples champ? I dont think so.

I need to go listen to pretty tony again. I liked it when it came out, but it quickly made its way out of regular rotation. perhaps it deserves a second spin.

come on dude, that white ghostface rip off is better than the peoples champ? I dont think so.

IN my "poptart" opinion they both are garbage, but if I had to pick, I can definitly do without the so called People's Champ.
    Dude is just wack.

I just hope the commercial failure of PRETTY TONEY doesn't push Ghost in the wrong direction... then again dude doesn't seem to give a fuck what others think about him...

I just hope the commercial failure of PRETTY TONEY doesn't push Ghost in the wrong direction[/b]... then again dude doesn't seem to give a fuck what others think about him...

El-P collabs?

El-P collabs?

Yeah, it seems as if he's down for whatever these days... and he's probably gotta be since he's not making real dough off his records like he should be (TTL has some new blazing downtempo record with him on it?!??)

I read somewhere recently how he was excited about Jay heading Def Jam and thought that a *younger dude* would know how to properly market and present his music... not afraid to dis Russell, damn...

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    El-P collabs?

Yeah, it seems as if he's down for whatever these days... and he's probably gotta be since he's not making real dough off his records like he should be (TTL has some new blazing UPTEMPO[/b]record with him on it?!??)

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    B*n, dude I swear you got a crystal ball into my brain. This isn't the first time you started a thread I had JUST been thinking about. Anywho...

Was pulling records last night for ers to rhyme over at this MC battle I'm djing tonight with P-Ro, and came across the Theodore 12" and started wondering about the album, did it ever get pressed up on LP? I haven't head it but I would most definitely like to, probably would just cop it on the strength.

About a week ago I pulled out Supreme Clientele and dubbed it onto MD for busride listens and the like. Such a sublime, raw, perfect album. I particularly like how abstract he is on this record. Jeebus, Nutmeg has to be one of the stongest opening tracks of all time, talk about spittin darts, dayum. And the closing Wu-Banga 101, perfect way to end it. Can somebody speak on him calling out 50? Was that because of "How to Rob?"

Bulletproof Wallets isn't as good but its got a lot of great moments. "The Forest," now that's visual right there.

Pretty Toney is up there, its just not Supreme Clientele for me, but still really good. I prefer the more abstract Ghost, although the combo of him and Trife is how you say, "gettin it in." And "Beat the Clock," whoa.

And I hope ya'll have heard the mixtape joint "The Drummer." And I still need "The Watch." That is all.

I believe 718 did end up coming out on wax months after CD release

I was never too clear on the 50 beef but I believe he was momentarily building with Ghost and/or Wu and then there was some kind of misunderstanding... could've been How to Rob. There's a supervenemous 50 Wu dis though...

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    B*n, dude I swear you got a crystal ball into my brain. This isn't the first time you started a thread I had JUST been thinking about. Anywho...

Was pulling records last night for ers to rhyme over at this MC battle I'm djing tonight with P-Ro, and came across the Theodore 12" and started wondering about the album, did it ever get pressed up on LP? I haven't head it but I would most definitely like to, probably would just cop it on the strength.

About a week ago I pulled out Supreme Clientele and dubbed it onto MD for busride listens and the like. Such a sublime, raw, perfect album. I particularly like how abstract he is on this record. Jeebus, Nutmeg has to be one of the stongest opening tracks of all time, talk about spittin darts, dayum. And the closing Wu-Banga 101, perfect way to end it. Can somebody speak on him calling out 50? Was that because of "How to Rob?"

Bulletproof Wallets isn't as good but its got a lot of great moments. "The Forest," now that's visual right there.

Pretty Toney is up there, its just not Supreme Clientele for me, but still really good. I prefer the more abstract Ghost, although the combo of him and Trife is how you say, "gettin it in." And "Beat the Clock," whoa.

And I hope ya'll have heard the mixtape joint "The Drummer." And I still need "The Watch." That is all.

Homie, I'm feeling your vivid descriptions and you should really play "ONE" for those rapper dudes

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnddd oneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee duna duna duna duna aaaaaaandddddddddd oooooooooooooooneeeeeeeeeeee duna duna duna duna duna

also, I was just having lunch with Ross Hizog and in the convo I mentioned I have Supreme Clientelle but coudn't tell you any songs off the album except maybe the singles.

• 99Problems99Problems 1,541 Posts

And I hope ya'll have heard the mixtape joint "The Drummer."

http://www.turntablelab.com/real2/heavyweightcrate/ghostface-thedrummer.ram

you should really play "ONE" for those rapper dudes

yeah, already got the 12 in my beat stack for tonight, but I'm also like can they even handle that one? Ghost's voice is just written all over it.

[hijack]what I WILL do though, is rock dubs of "Rock Co-Kane Flow" (dubs so that the beat changes don't mess 'em up) because as I played the inst last night in my room it occured to me that that's gotta be one of the most freestlye beats of the here and now and future. Also, saving "The Champ is Here" for the last couple battles, and just might throw in the "What it Do" wild card to switch it up. These ers just ain't ready, should be mad entertaining.[/hijack]

And I hope ya'll have heard the mixtape joint "The Drummer."

yes, everybody listen plaese. It just doesn't get much er than this.

when Biggie died, they came out with Biggie fries.