popsike gone?

Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
Can anyone else get on the site? Anyone know whats going on?

Comments

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,901 Posts
    I'm on

Edit: But I do get a "Sorry, there are too many users - please try later" on a search.

• no problems here

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
    weird, I'm getting "The owners of the domain name popsike.com are accepting offers from interested parties willing to obtain ownership rights over the domain name. You may learn more about how to place your offer by clicking here"

• 6fran506fran50 266 Posts
    Sorry, there are too many users - please try later

• tuneuptuneup 586 Posts
    works ok for me....

• 6fran506fran50 266 Posts

Is there a story or anything to the cover art? Has it been told and I just missed it?

• montymonty 420 Posts
    Mel Dietmeier

Mel Dietmeier (now known as Mehitabel Katze) was attending Simon's Rock High School in Great Barrington, Massachusetts, when she began her apprenticeship at WGBH in Boston. "My parents lived in Lexington, near Boston, so it made sense," Katze states. She began her volunteer work with the animation department, where she met Jim Bourne. And when Bourne was called upon to create the artwork for the Stark Reality's AJP debut, he asked Katze to create the cover artwork. She was but 18 years old, but she'd always loved to draw. "It's more like creating another world," Katze states, citing Jules Pfieffer and Walt Kelly's "Pogo" drawings amongst her influences.

Katze doesn't recall ever having heard the band's music, or of having met the band but "I did know who Hoagy Carmichael was," she finishes. "I was really into old films." After her commercial art debut, Katze went on to author and illustrate two children's books in the early 70s before embarking on a career as an illustrator. Though she's moved on professionally, she still enjoys sketching from time to time. The original artwork for the AJP LP was based on pictures of the band.

from Stark Reality NOW CD notes by Eothen "Egon" Alapatt

Mel Dietmeier

Mel Dietmeier (now known as Mehitabel Katze) was attending Simon's Rock High School in Great Barrington, Massachusetts, when she began her apprenticeship at WGBH in Boston. "My parents lived in Lexington, near Boston, so it made sense," Katze states. She began her volunteer work with the animation department, where she met Jim Bourne. And when Bourne was called upon to create the artwork for the Stark Reality's AJP debut, he asked Katze to create the cover artwork. She was but 18 years old, but she'd always loved to draw. "It's more like creating another world," Katze states, citing Jules Pfieffer and Walt Kelly's "Pogo" drawings amongst her influences.

Katze doesn't recall ever having heard the band's music, or of having met the band but "I did know who Hoagy Carmichael was," she finishes. "I was really into old films." After her commercial art debut, Katze went on to author and illustrate two children's books in the early 70s before embarking on a career as an illustrator. Though she's moved on professionally, she still enjoys sketching from time to time. The original artwork for the AJP LP was based on pictures of the band.

from Stark Reality NOW CD notes by Eothen "Egon" Alapatt

Thx a ton Monty.

I've never come across the CD before. Just the LP.. But thx!

• Yeah, Monty, thanks a ton for all the background on all this. My fiancee works at WGBH, and I love being able to fill in more and more of this story. Between this recordd and Julia Child, that whole era of Boston Public TV is gonna end up in the Smithsonian...