Duke Goes Down!

jazzman21jazzman21 287 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
What a game, Duke just seemed like they ran out of gas at the end. I give major props to LSU on the job they did on J.J.

Comments

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    What a game, Duke just seemed like they ran out of gas at the end. I give major props to LSU on the job they did on J.J.

serious that block was awesome. lsu did everything right at the end.

shut em down!

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    the big man getting the rebound on the foul shot, then getting fouled, and then getting the rebound from his OWN foul shot was incredible. Props to LSU. Dook sucks.

I can't believe how Duke came off soft like that at the end! LSU had rebounds all day up the middle. Another victory for the South. Big year so far for that area of country, 'innit?

• sonofsamsonofsam 680 Posts
    this is a shitty thing to say, but as a carolina fan, duke losing like that is almost better than carolina winning... at least carolina exceeded expectations all year... all you hear out here is duke this, duke that, and i can't fucking wait to listen to sports talk radio tomorrow

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    tyus thomson was going loony tunes in the paint...how many blocks did he have???
    and when he singlehandedly broke dukes press and dunkd, that shit was

And don't forget the put back slam off that Davis miss. Dude was mad murderous, in the clutch!

• i really thought lsu's size would be too much for duke. i am astounded though, that lsu shut down reddick like that. and best believe dude wasn't just "off". he was harrassed all night by the frosh garrett temple. (great story there, temple's pops was the first black player at lsu, his older brother collis III played on the last lsu sweet sixteen team).

anyway, watching tyrus thomas is amazing. he hoovers everything near the cup. surely he had more than the five blocks w/ which he was credited. if thomas and davis stay, lsu could be equally good next year.

hope they can keep teh mojo goin on saturday. geaux tigers!

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Yea!!!!! I'm those Duke pansies got knocked off. I thought they were overrated all year. Finally, the skirt was lifted!!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Yea!!!!! I'm those Duke pansies got knocked off. I thought they were overrated all year. Finally, the skirt was lifted!!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

didn't watch enough of the games to make claims, but the Duke I saw today wasn't the great teams that I have seen from previous seasons (i.e. Jay Will and Dunleavy, KILLIN' IT) that dominated the competition. You gotta give credit to LSU for being the aggressors though. Simply sub-par with ball-handling but rebounding and execution was superior.

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    he was harrassed all night by the frosh garrett temple. (great story there, temple's pops was the first black player at lsu, his older brother collis III played on the last lsu sweet sixteen team).

dude his GRANDPA was the first black player at LSU, his dad played there too! Third generation LSU .

• he was harrassed all night by the frosh garrett temple. (great story there, temple's pops was the first black player at lsu, his older brother collis III played on the last lsu sweet sixteen team).

dude his GRANDPA was the first black player at LSU, his dad played there too! Third generation LSU .

but of course. thanks for the correction.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Who is Duke?