song help

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
I recently unearthed an old laptop hard drive and I was checking out the music on it and I have an MP3 called "Dexia Pra La" and the group name just says "Soul Fire Sound Studios presents Sound Sampler Vol 1." Anybody know who this is? is it available on vinyl? 45 hopefully? Thanks

Comments

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Believe the group is the Sambalanco Trio - absolutely no idea if it's available on vinyl though.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    thanks!

• lotuslandlotusland 740 Posts
    dude, that is soul fire's new label truth and soul. one of thier 1st releases i think. leon michels & co at it again. it is a 45. other side is good too.

they should be swimming in copies of it, hit up their site. google truth & soul.

if you don't know about soul fire, you should really take some time out and check out the stuff they did. tons of quality. you'd probably love the latin express stuff they did. heat!

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    Bronx River Parkway, no?

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    And to add... yes it's on 45. I've been seeing a few T&S records showing up in the NYC cheapo bins lately. Some of it has been majorly slept on. If you see any of it grab it.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts

T & S is one of myspace friends...I didnt even put two and two together...I feel silly.

I have a few soul fire 45s, I thought the "Dexia" was an old soul fire one, not a newby since the file states it was downloaded in May, 2004.

thanks!