Ebay: if I "Report an unpaid item"...

JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
am I protected from getting a neg (-) feedback from the buyer?For the record, this guy is a new, 0 feedback ebayer bidding on some ska, reggae and calypso cheapies. He is from Mexico.

Comments

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    No. You report, he either pays or doesn't pay, you wait, eventually if he doesn't pay you get your fees back. Unless he's kicked off, he will still be able to give you a neg.

• DWGDWG 334 Posts
    Either...
    1) Mail the seller, say 'no hard feelings - leave me a positive and I'll do the same'. When he's left one, hammer him, or...
    2) Wait until 89 days after the auction and leave a negative before he realises. After the 90 day mark he can't do anything about it.

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts

2) Wait until 89 days after the auction and leave a negative before he realises. After the 90 day mark he can't do anything about it.

this is not true (i tried it recently). there is a window after you leave feedback for the other person to also leave feedback, even if you wait exactly 90 days after the transaction. i don't know how long the window is, but it is at least a week.

• Options
    am I protected from getting a neg (-) feedback from the buyer?

For the record, this guy is a new, 0 feedback ebayer bidding on some ska, reggae and calypso cheapies. He is from Mexico.

What's his name, this is all sounding very familiar.

K.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

What's his name, this is all sounding very familiar.

K.

PM sent.

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    I don't have time to dick around with non paying punks. I emailed one dude three times for payment with no response. Then I opened a non payment dispute. No response. So I got my credit and re listed the item. The next day dude messages me with some sob story about being in school and not having the money. Asked if he could pay for the item and get the mark removed. I said no. I didn't have time for all that. Time is money and fool had his chance. If he would have just responded earlier, before the dispute, i would have worked with him.

Whi cares about a damn negative. I'm gonna do what i gotta do and if some moron wants to leave me a neg, so be it. I an't skurrd.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

this is not true (i tried it recently). there is a window after you leave feedback for the other person to also leave feedback, even if you wait exactly 90 days after the transaction. i don't know how long the window is, but it is at least a week.

WTF IS THE DEAL WITH THIS?!?!

I was going to give this same cat some negs too, but bluesnag patiently waited til the 11th hour of the 90th day... left his feedback... and like 5-6 days later dude gives him negs in return

HOW? WHY?