Serious 45 Storage

pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
The age old strut question of how to store 45's. I'm not talking about little record totes, buying one or two bags unlimited cardboard boxes or using tool boxes from home depot for gigs. I want to know how you guys store your 45's in mass quantity. I have fuckloads of those long cardboard 45 boxes sitting on my floor and it's starting to drive me crazy. Should I get a new shelf that I can put the boxes on or some other new storage system all together? How do you rock it?Opinions and ideas plaese?

Comments

• lotuslandlotusland 740 Posts
    easy,

you own too many records, you pay through your ass for storage.

• The age old strut question of how to store 45's.

I'm not talking about little record totes, buying one or two bags unlimited cardboard boxes or using tool boxes from home depot for gigs. I want to know how you guys store your 45's in mass quantity. I have fuckloads of those long cardboard 45 boxes sitting on my floor and it's starting to drive me crazy. Should I get a new shelf that I can put the boxes on or some other new storage system all together? How do you rock it?

Opinions and ideas plaese?

My father-in-law gutted the closet in my record room and put in long plywood shelves, each holda six or seven of those long boxes.

• nrichnrich 932 Posts
    build your own dude, McGuyver would approve.
    I could take a picture of those that I made, but my camera is sitting in Austin, plus they wouldn't hold that mass of 45s you are talking about. Are these long term storage or easily accessible?

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    what it doin?

|_____|

_____/

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    what it doin?

|_____|

_____/

lol

what it doin?

|_____|

_____/

lol

did I give you one?

does it still smell nice.

• djrdjr 511 Posts
    The age old strut question of how to store 45's.

I'm not talking about little record totes, buying one or two bags unlimited cardboard boxes or using tool boxes from home depot for gigs. I want to know how you guys store your 45's in mass quantity. I have fuckloads of those long cardboard 45 boxes sitting on my floor and it's starting to drive me crazy. Should I get a new shelf that I can put the boxes on or some other new storage system all together? How do you rock it?

Opinions and ideas plaese?

My father-in-law gutted the closet in my record room and put in long plywood shelves, each holda six or seven of those long boxes.

aaaahhh, the record room. I'm been trying to work the idea into my wife's head, and it seems she's slowing coming 'round to the idea.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    what it doin?

|_____|

_____/

lol

did I give you one?

You did, and, yes, it still smells factory fresh. That said, I could certainly use another one or two. Come to Detroit and I'll whisk you around to various junk and antique stores in exchance for well-designed cardboard containment units.

what it doin?

|_____|

_____/

lol

did I give you one?

You did, and, yes, it still smells factory fresh. That said, I could certainly use another one or two. Come to Detroit and I'll whisk you around to various junk and antique stores in exchance for well-designed cardboard containment units.

Yes.

It's about time to head up there.

I was the best box designer there ever was. And I left all that behind for a life of laudronautics.

soap. water. cloth.

I now have drones to make those 45 storagers for me.

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    Tell your drones to get down to Texas with some storage solutions for me.

Tell your drones to get down to Texas with some storage solutions for me.

I should really patent this, buy a die cut for it, and run 500 of them to sell.

they are 12x7x7 (designed to fit in a record shelf), and they do exactly what I said earlier:

|____|

____/

a cap keeps the edges at 90 degrees when stored (as well as the friction of the paper, really), but when you have it packed tight, and want to easily flip through your records, the ends slide out and stop at 10 degrees. very subtle, but makes it so easy to flip through.

durable, practical, and rocking awesome.