Who else is listening to this Coughee Brothaz?

faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
...cause ya'll should beI don't know if it compiles previously recorded material or what, but I've been listening to it all weekend.

Comments

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Wow, I'd like to hear this...

Where does one cop?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Wow, I'd like to hear this...

Where does one cop?

There's a PayPal link on Matt Sonzala's blog... mine arrived in under a week.

• Been playin' it all morning. I like it, but (and file this under "What Did You Expect?"), it runs the risk of being a little too weedcentric. Having said that, I really like it. I just wish there were even more Devin on it.

Been playin' it all morning. I like it, but (and file this under "What Did You Expect?"), it runs the risk of being a little too weedcentric. Having said that, I really like it. I just wish there were even more Devin on it.

Eh... I was worried there wouldn't be enough, but he feels like a constant presence throughout the disc to me. I do feel like I would now probably flunk a drug test just off having spent two days listening to it, though.

For dudes that don't know: Coughee Brothaz is Devin the Dude and crew.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

How many other dudes? And will it be on vinyl.

How many other dudes? And will it be on vinyl.

From Devin's MySpace page... I doubt there will be any vinyl:

That's right, my crew the Coughee Brothaz have released a brand new mixtape - but this is not your typical mixtape. We're not just flowing over other peoples beats, this disc contains ALL ORIGINAL SONGS BY DEVIN THE DUDE AND THE COUGHEE BROTHAZ recorded over the past ten years. It's like a culmination of everything we have been doing -- outside my solo releases -- since the Odd Squad album was released in 1994.

It features The Odd Squad, Rob Quest, Jugg Mugg and Myself, Production by DJ Domo (DJ for Scarface and the Geto Boys since 1991), Scarface, 14K, Tre, Manchild, Bruce Bang, Storm, Tony mac, Big Moe, Boonie Loc, KB, and way way more.

Most of these tracks are unheard by the general public, but you can hear a few of them on the Coughee Brothaz My Space Page.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    heard some stuff on the myspace page that was pretty good. full-length should be the shit

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    man ya'll beat me to it. it actually only cd for now. devin is trying to work out a deal last i heard through a major(cop that exclusive og version before they get repressed)there are many members that form the coughee brothaz. to many to write down. basiclly it devin and the original members of the odd squad, jugg mugg, rob quest,and myself. but lately it's been domo thats been dj'ing for them as i have been too busy and i don't have the time to dedicate to spin for them. i still work with dev. mainly studio and production. but it's all good. i'll try and post up snippets of the cd if i get a chance.

www.thecraftbeats.com

• Styles, were you at Devin's show in Austin last week?

And which tracks on the CD did you produce?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    i was gonna go but i had to stay home. i hate i missed it just like today i'm supposed to be in new york for premo's birthday. just too busy. we produced about 8 songs on it. some i did with rob and the rest were rob and domo.