Dealers who use looks to determine their prices

Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
"NOW THIS JUST LOOKS LIKE A $200 ALBUM."discuss

Comments

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    "NOW THIS JUST LOOKS LIKE A $200 ALBUM."

discuss

We have a guy here in Dallas that prices the LP's based on what YOU look like......if you want a deep discount just bring in a cute looking 12 year old boy with you.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    "Youre a handsome guy....umm...for you...five bucks."

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    OK, this is gonna morph into "sexual advances masked as record sales"

A (female) dealer: "You're cute. I don't normally like boys, but when I do I like 'em homeboys."

*shudder*

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

hmmmmm....

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    you have to admit, that kinda does look like
    a $200 album...are any there any Flik Disc LP's
    that are big money joints, or are they all under-$100 records?

• "NOW THIS JUST LOOKS LIKE A $200 ALBUM."

discuss

We have a guy here in Dallas that prices the LP's based on what YOU look like......if you want a deep discount just bring in a cute looking 12 year old boy with you.

that's where i thought this thread was headed. which for numerous reasons, reminded me of the record collector over on melrose...

• edubedub 715 Posts
    "Youre a handsome guy....umm...for you...five bucks."

I'm a handsome guy... umm... for you... five bucks."

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    I thought this thread was gona be about how I PMd Johnny a pic of myself and he gave me stark reality for $25 plus postage.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I thought this thread was gona be about how I PMd Johnny a pic of myself and he gave me stark reality for $25 plus $850 postage.

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    the variation: "I gotta get $200 for this one" (why, so he can mark it up 2000% instead of 1500%? you know he dont know anything about it and it books for $40)

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    you have to admit, that kinda does look like
    a $200 album...are any there any Flik Disc LP's
    that are big money joints, or are they all under-$100 records?

I've always thought St. John Green had one of the better psych covers out there. The album's pretty good too... I have a feeling it might be one of those albums that eventually jumps a bit in price, like the Left Banke records for example. As far as the other Flick Disc records, I only know of the Boston Tea Party and the American Revolution albums, and they're the same range (around $25-30 or under)...

• "Youre a handsome guy....umm...for you...five bucks."

Well, say this w/ a voice so gravelly it sounds like it smoked 2 million cigarettes and you would have a good impersonation of B***.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    I'm sorry, but you are all seriously little dude if you're not willing to prostitute yourself for records. If a dealer has something I want, then as long as we're safe I'm going to get what I want. Trust me, I've learnt from the pros.

• hobo_dhobo_d 331 Posts

discuss

none other than BILL

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    When I first started going to Bill's I don't think I even had pubes yet. That's when I got the good prices. Now instead of attempted hugs and verbal sexual harassment, I get the ice grill and a $10-20 price increase. Must be the facial hair. I must not be aging well.

When I first started going to Bill's I don't think I even had pubes yet. That's when I got the good prices. Now instead of attempted hugs and verbal sexual harassment, I get the ice grill and a $10-20 price increase. Must be the facial hair. I must not be aging well.

I've shaved my pubes in an attempt to get better prices from him....it didn't work.......but back in the day...

Darius - $10
    Ben on Vertigo - $10
    Josephus "Dead Man" - $10
    American Blues on Karma - $10

That was back in the "Everything is $10" days.......now everything is $25 for me....no prices on anything and the dude has NEVER had a cash register or given receipts!!

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    First off, and as many on here already know, RockholedelicRecords is a swell, swell dude. First time I met him dude gave me $400-500 worth of Dot label 45s... just like that. Incredibly kind! Thanks again! I now am okay with him snatching my Rhetta Hughes LP from classical section way back when

But back to ol' Bill... I banned myself from the store for a good 7 - 8 years. I just recently worked up the courage to return and to my surprise I've scored some good shit including Lightmen Energy Control LP, Axelrod Earthrot, Outlaw Bluesband, Gimmicks in Acapulco, First Gear S/T among others. If you are one of the very few in this city that are willing to put up with his creepy gay antics and his crack cocaine pricing methodology it can actually be rewarding. I remember he charged me $25 for some Blacksheep 12" and $8 for the Lightmen LP. I said okay.

First off, and as many on here already know, RockholedelicRecords is a swell, swell dude. First time I met him dude gave me $400-500 worth of Dot label 45s... just like that. Incredibly kind! Thanks again! I now am okay with him snatching my Rhetta Hughes LP from classical section way back when

But back to ol' Bill... I banned myself from the store for a good 7 - 8 years. I just recently worked up the courage to return and to my surprise I've scored some good shit including Lightmen Energy Control LP, Axelrod Earthrot, Outlaw Bluesband, Gimmicks in Acapulco, First Gear S/T among others. If you are one of the very few in this city that are willing to put up with his creepy gay antics and his crack cocaine pricing methodology it can actually be rewarding. I remember he charged me $25 for some Blacksheep 12" and $8 for the Lightmen LP. I said okay.

Nice scores at Bill's.....I've been trying to convince myself to go back there for years now.....just can't get up the nerve to go deal with his little 15 year old black leather employees who follow me around making sure I don't "mishandle" the records.

As far as me giving you records....let's just say we "shared"...there were enough to go around...last thing I need are dudes PM'ing me asking where their free $500 worth of records are.

And don't feel bad about the Hughes LP...that Classical bin is notorious for dudes hiding stuff....it's the guy who decided to hide all the raers in the Johnny Mathis section that I feel bad for......I nailed those too!!