Dealers who use books to determine their prices

jesseonejesseone 4 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
It's totally annoying when flea market dealers use books to determine all of thier prices. Today I saw a copy of the JB's "Food for Thought" for $35.00 with scratches all over it. He said, well thats 1/2 of the book price.

Comments

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    hi

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    hi

Didn't you get banned?

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    hi

Didn't you get banned?

Dude it happened again yesterday.

I was checking my PM's and it said I didn't have acess to any of the forums.

Y'all are fucking with my bipolar emotions.

I think its time for some new aliases

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    I'd almost rather take my chances with priceguide pricing rather than popsike pricing.

popsike will invariably only list the single instance where a record that typically sells for 20 bucks went for 100...

the real problem is with people who use these pricing tools without proper perspective...

double

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    I only refer to the good book for pricing.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

we need to pray together

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts

"jesus give me a sign as to the value of this raer disco twelve"

yuk yuk yuk.

• BelsonBelson 880 Posts
    I dug out a sealed copy of Camille Yarbrough's 'Pot licker' - unpriced. Chap took it away to be priced. Came back 15 minutes later after checking ebay and popsike said he'll keep it for himself and ebay it, cos I'll 'realise that this is obvious a heavy and sought after piece.'

Hmmm.

• Options
    It's also annoying when $1 bin kids want known records for a bean. Wrong generation, son.

K.

• K - Did you hit that show today at Main? If so - any good?

To contribute to the thread; the only 'price guide' I have is a Jazz one that is more for schooling myself on obscure pieces that I wouldn't have know about/cared about. In that sense I dig price guides, because it allows me to pick up shit I wouldn't have known about, and flip them on eBay to crazy Japanese dudes with loot.

• tuneuptuneup 586 Posts
    K - Did you hit that show today at Main? If so - any good?

I didn't see Kev, but be glad you didn't go....first and possibly last time I'll inhabit that show....

• I didn't even know about it until I saw the flyer at Discovery today.

I'm being dragged to a show in late April near the airport, and am not even looking forward to that one. I can't stand the Beatles/Stones/Hendrix saps that go to those things.

• Options
    K - Did you hit that show today at Main? If so - any good?

I didn't see Kev, but be glad you didn't go....first and possibly last time I'll inhabit that show....

That inbred with the glasses scares me. He gave me grief at an Oshawa show for coming in early (and asking if I could pay $20!) with Ric at a show - it was only because I was the obviously young non-rocker (and maybe cause I'm 6'4"). Luckily I still got some shit when I finally got in an hour later at 9:00am.

I got my redemption at another show when I picked a $1500 Canadian modern soul 45 off him for a $1, then told on my way out what it was worth. You're better trying to rediscover shit in your own collection than head up that way. $25 Lighthouse's from Ric? I'll stay in bed with my girl, thanks.

K.

• I got my redemption at another show when I picked a $1500 Canadian modern soul 45 off him for a $1, then told on my way out what it was worth.

Every time I'm in Discovery I want to tell Jim about the two George Wallington LP's I bought from him a few months ago and flipped from $20 and $30 to $203 and $700 respectively on eBay.

I don't though, because I fear he'll jack up the prices of everything/ban me.

• Options
    Yeah man, they don't get saltier or higher strung than that dude. Thing is, I've never really had a problem with him and accept his behaviour for what it is.

K.