KING CRIMSON APPRECIATION POST!

the3rdstreamthe3rdstream 1,980 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
fuck i never liked this shit before but I got really stoned at my friend Tea Garden's last night and I can't get enough of this shit

Comments

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    yeah, dude, that first record is dope! I like!

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I'm not a big KC fan but "Fracture" off of Starless & Bible Black is some heavy shit! Quality Music.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    fuck i never liked this shit before but I got really stoned at my friend Tea Garden's last night and I can't get enough of this shit

CADENCE AND CASCADE[/b]

CADENCE AND CASCADE[/b]

CADENCE AND CASCADE[/b]

CADENCE AND CASCADE[/b]

CADENCE AND CASCADE[/b]

CADENCE AND CASCADE[/b]

CADENCE AND CASCADE[/b]

CADENCE AND CASCADE[/b]

CADENCE AND CASCADE[/b]

CADENCE AND CASCADE[/b]

CADENCE AND CASCADE[/b]

CADENCE AND CASCADE[/b]

• the3rdstreamthe3rdstream 1,980 Posts

CADENCE AND CASCADE[/b]

CADENCE AND CASCADE[/b]

CADENCE AND CASCADE[/b]

CADENCE AND CASCADE[/b]

CADENCE AND CASCADE[/b]

CADENCE AND CASCADE[/b]

CADENCE AND CASCADE[/b]

CADENCE AND CASCADE[/b]

CADENCE AND CASCADE[/b]

CADENCE AND CASCADE[/b]

CADENCE AND CASCADE[/b]

CADENCE AND CASCADE[/b]

FUCK YEAH DOG!!!!!

thats the shit my friend started me on, and then went from there but that shit had me hooked

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    Lark's Tongue in Aspic is my shit.

• STILL one of the best 'rock' groups out there, easily. i don't like their 'modern' studio recordings as much as those classics ('Red' being my favorite), but i went to see them a couple years ago and it was truly , one of the best 'rock' concerts i've ever seen (and that's saying something.)

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    This, Gabriel-era Genesis, and Emerson Lake and Palmer is all I listened to in 12th Grade. Needless to say, I WAS NOT A HIT WITH THE LADIES! Funk got me laid.

Gentle Giant 4 leyef.

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    Lark's Tongue in Aspic

• what's your favourite emerson lake and palmer?

(no thread-jack)

what's your favourite emerson lake and palmer?

(no thread-jack)

I think they are all kind of geigh now that I think about it... but if I had to choose... their s/t was on heavy rotation. Tarkus is aiight too if you like key changes every 40 seconds and lots of jamming. Greg Lake is a brilliant singer/songwriter/bass player. It's the Emerson moog indulgences that get a bit much.

But seriously ... on the King Crimson tip. The whole group was Robert Fripp. He had a revolving cast of characters appearing on these records in three incarnations. The late 60s - early 70s shit was dope in a tripped-out jazzy Moody Blues kind of way. The mid 70s cast was pure insanity. Bill Bruford is absolutely mental on drums... Fripp's guitar playing is out of this world too as he didn't use conventional tuning methods...

The 80s shit with Adrian Belew was pretty shitty... Fripp was trying to be Andy Summers on the guitar and the whole sound was like a bloated Police.

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts

The 80s shit with Adrian Belew was pretty shitty... Fripp was trying to be Andy Summers on the guitar and the whole sound was like a bloated Police.

I saw that lineup do "Frame by Frame" live on one of the Old Grey Whistletest DVDs. I liked it a lot, actually. But yeah, the releases from that time are less than fantastic.

This

however...

- J

• dsandersdsanders 495 Posts
    Keith Tippett plays a mean piano on 'Cat Food' on that ' In the Wake of Poseidon' album...

• The 80s shit with Adrian Belew was pretty shitty... Fripp was trying to be Andy Summers on the guitar and the whole sound was like a bloated Police.

aww, come on now Adrian Belew was dope - "Elephant Talk"? That was kinda hot...

• AlGarthAlGarth 353 Posts
    I have what I consider to be quite a few dope records (and a lot of wack ones too )
    and I would consider McDonald & Giles in my personal top 10 LP's of all time! A sort of King Crimson off-shoot side thing but it's completely insane. I can't believe nobody mentioned of it yet.

Big-ups to ironfeet for putting me on to this too.

Peace,
    al

• OH HELL YES BITCH

• I have what I consider to be quite a few dope records (and a lot of wack ones too )
    and I would consider McDonald & Giles in my personal top 10 LP's of all time! A sort of King Crimson off-shoot side thing but it's completely insane. I can't believe nobody mentioned of it yet.

Just beat me to it.

• dstill808dstill808 704 Posts
    that's funny, I too was beat to the punch on the McDonald & Giles tip (dope ass cover too...). Also worth checking is Bruford's "absolute elsewhere" LP

• lucerolucero 425 Posts
    that McDonald and Giles can be had cheaply too - I paid US$4 on ebay for mine.

soliD

• I too was beat to the punch on the McDonald & Giles tip (dope ass cover too...)

I always thought that the couple on the back of the gatefold was far hotter than the couple on the front. I don't even know which one is McDonald and which one is Giles. Just thought that some marketing dude fucked up. i mean look at that chick's outfit on the right.