V for Vendetta funk track ID?

akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
anybody else checked this movie out yet? theres a part where (im terrible with names) the guy is showing the girl the latest episode of his tv show where he disses the chancellor or whatever and theres this pretty nice funky track behind it...anybody seen it and can ID it for me? might be easy or might just be some shit they made for the movie...as far as the movie goes, i thought it was ok but my friends who had read the comic and whatever absolutely hated it...

Comments

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    sorry, don't know about that track...
    but that movie was great.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    You mean the music that's playing during the Benny Hill-inspired-run-around-multiple-chancellors skit?

That's a version of the Benny Hill theme/chase music, if that's the chune you're thinking of. The song is played everytime a chase occurs on that show.

oh that? not very fonky...

but Mylator, what'd you think of the flick?
    did natalie look a little like keira knighley and a little like keanu/neo to you too?

oh that? not very fonky...

but Mylator, what'd you think of the flick?
    did natalie look a little like keira knighley and a little like keanu/neo to you too?

YAH DOOD
    G.I. JANE

• snosno 332 Posts
    The one before "Yakety Yak" with the showgirls waltzing out to the stage sounds suspiciously like a library tune, no?

Or are you talking about the music before the Benny Hill skit? I can't remember it, might have been something for the score.

Was that a Cat Power song V played on his jukebox?

• I've heard similar funky/go go tunes on Benny Hill before. Not sure if they lifted that track from the show along with the sped up shit. Either way I wanna get my hands on some Benny Hill sound library shit, along with the Match Game. They play the main theme a lot while the contestants are writing in answers, but they also play some whole other shit that is funky as hell once in a while.

• damagedamage 118 Posts

"i found a reason"

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

"i found a reason"
    too bad she's too doped up to finish (or begin, for that matter) her 2006 tour... she had some commercial recently as well. = sellout.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Chan chases the dragon? Sad, very sad.

• damagedamage 118 Posts

"i found a reason"
    too bad she's too doped up to finish (or begin, for that matter) her 2006 tour... she had some commercial recently as well. = sellout.

herd she was manic or something, performing became associated with down or something

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

"i found a reason"

herd she was manic or something, performing became associated with down or something

I can hardly imagine Chan's manic side. So she is too "medicated" to perform?

BTW what's the word on this movie. I am strangely drawn to go see it but I hated the matrix movies (well the first was ok). Is it good?

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    Or are you talking about the music before the Benny Hill skit? I can't remember it, might have been something for the score.

yeah the stuff BEFORE that. not yakety sax or whatever. thats not funky.

wu, take it from a crossroads film student ...
    the movie is great.
    no its not an indie edgy low-budget under the radar art film.
    if someone is completely averse to mainstream films they wont like this. but if you dont have that prejudice i don't see how you wouldn't enjoy this film. it was entertaining, it looked good, had interesting characters, good music, and the whole thing was about rising up against evil totalitarian governments... what more could you ask for?

They actually stayed pretty close to Alan Moore's comic, with the exception of a couple characters. Did anyone else notice the dolls on the BTN O'Reilly's medicine cabinet?

I just thought they did a good job packing the plot into 2 hours. A little choppy because of that but at least they captured the essence of the story.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Chan chases the dragon? Sad, very sad.
    well, i know she was struggling with morphine addiction (weird one to have, these days i think) but from the fucked-up rock chicks grapevine, i've heard she's progressed into that whole black-tar disaster. she was slated for a nationwide tour, huge shit, and dropped off. too bad. i'd still like to have a slumber party with her though.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Interestingly, heroin turns into morphine in the body (learned that today from the drug test thread) so you could say she's taking a step back by hitting the horse. In any case, not a good look all around. I just spent that last few weeks trying to help my friend kick. Thankfully, he seems to be doing well.

Mandrew, are you part of the crossroads hollywood mafia? Brett Morgan and Rich Rushfield lived next door to me in college. I think they run with Jack Black et al. Anyway, Brett was one funny fucking dude back in the day.

Oh, and i hate arty movies for the most part. Note to France slow does not equal deep. I like decent mainstream jernts. Perhaps, I'll get a sitter and check it out.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Not great, but very good.

Great visuals/not enuff action/Portman looked shaved-head good/

I'm just a little tired of the Orwellian themes.

upon further reflection, agreed.
    this wasn't a next-level movie, but it was very good for an action flick and the politics provided for an interesting plot.

• goatboygoatboy 371 Posts

this wasn't a next-level movie, but it was very good for an action flick and the politics provided for an interesting plot.

Finally saw this last night???

I think that some people think the Orwellian shit is too obvious right now, but then I remember that this was written by Moore over 20 years ago and I have to admit that he was seeing the future through his present. The way I thought to myself about it was as if the movie Network only came out as a comic book when it was released and didn???t get made into a movie until 2003. I think people might have had the same reaction, as in, ???This all seems a bit too obvious and close to reality???.

The one lesson you learn from movies like this: when the red and black flags come out the serious shit is about to hit the fan.

Of course, in today???s much more media savvy world there wouldn???t be red and black flags, the flags would have a smiley face and be sponsored by Wal-Mart.

Anyway, I thought the movie was worthy of being seen but not great in that ???genre pinnacle science fiction??? sort of way.

And quite frankly I don???t think the themes are too obvious if we all as a country continue down the path we are traveling.

[Getting down off soap box now???]

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

I think that some people think the Orwellian shit is too obvious right now, but then I remember that this was written by Moore over 20 years ago and I have to admit that he was seeing the future through his present. The way I thought to myself about it was as if the movie Network only came out as a comic book when it was released and didn???t get made into a movie until 2003. I think people might have had the same reaction, as in, ???This all seems a bit too obvious and close to reality???.

20 years ago = 1984.

• goatboygoatboy 371 Posts

20 years ago = 1984.

Yeah - Good Point.
    I think I read it was actually 81 or 82 when he started it, but good point.

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts
    i really wanted to like this movie, but it was so ridiculously over the top. It tried to show the immorality and instead it just beat you over the head with it.

I know Moore doesn't want to be connected with the movie now.