STEVE PARKS MOVIN' IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION OG CHECK

Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
Hi. Does anyone have a definite OG copy of this album? I'm pretty sure the one I have on the 'Bay right now is original, but I would like to be 100% sure (false advertising of raers is never a good look). I know there was a re from about 10 years ago with a yellow label, but were there any others from back in the days that look exactly like the OG? If ya have a certified original copy, plaese to let me know those matrix numbers. Thanks!

Comments

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    I'll check when I get home from work, then when I return to work tomorrow, post that isht up, if no one does in the meantime.

Funny, I was about to spark a Steve Parks appreciation thread.

You ever heard "Still Thinking of You" 7"? ified

And Wisdom (Beatsauce) told me there's a "Movin'" 12"? Is this a Biz-esque myth or can someone confirm? If so, yes plaese.

• djcoolhandsdjcoolhands 548 Posts
    pointman was at my house last week extolling the virtues of Steve Parks recently. does anyone have a sound clip?

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    "Still Thinking of You" 7" ified

I picked that up a couple weeks ago. Damn... now that's soul. How's the LP?

DJ Ferrari

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    Okay, it's all good... i dug up another one of my copies which happens to be a promo (gold promo stamp on back cover)... same matrix number as the non-promo one I have on the 'Bay. Anybody who's bidding on mine, breath easy... it's genuine like gucci, raw like sushi.

How's the lp? It's GREAT! (Honestly, I only remember what the title track sounds like and that one most certainly is great. But plaese, feel free to go out of control bidding on my copy and see for yourself what it sounds like!)

"Still Thinking of You" 7" ified

I picked that up a couple weeks ago. Damn... now that's soul. How's the LP?

DJ Ferrari

The 7 is worlds apart from the album, but not in a bad way. The album came out in the early 80's, so its just a different sound. Sunshiney 80's soul music, sounds like a spliff in Golden Gate Park in the afternoon, whereas the 7, as you now know, is that straight up sounding Reynolds records soul music. All bay (not E) all day!

did I mention the copy of the LP I'm holdin right now belongs to Jinx74?

I should probably start bidding on that ebay one! A CD-R just ain't gonna cut it with this one. Too nasty.

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts
    Criag Moerer (The Records By Mail dude) is selling an SS OG copy for 100 bucks.

SG

What's the matrix #? Just curious.

SS = still sealed?

What's the matrix #? Just curious.

I'll check when I get home from work, then when I return to work tomorrow, post that isht up, if no one does in the meantime.

by "holdin" I mean in my possesion at the cribabble.

• MangomanMangoman 549 Posts
    LOL hahahahaha! Good one I see your trying to promote your items before they end... LOL Great Idea! I was a sucker!!!!

by "holdin" I mean in my possesion at the cribabble.

Ohhhh... my bust. I actually missed your earlier post. Yeah, if you get a minute when you get back to the cribabble I shure wood appreciate it. Thanks!

SS = still sealed?

yep.

SG

werrrrrrrrrrd, what's the web ad?

werrrrrrrrrrd, what's the web ad?
    Right hurr....

SG

thanks!

LOL hahahahaha! Good one I see your trying to promote your items before they end... LOL Great Idea! I was a sucker!!!!

Clever, ain't I? Nah, I really was trying to make 100% sure I'm selling an OG due to an e-mail I got grilling me on whether it was a reish or not. Truth in advertising is top priority here at the Drug Sto'.

• baggiobaggio 62 Posts
    No shit. I just spent some serious dough thinking there was only 1 copy. Damn, Phill you got those matrix numbers or did you find out the difference between copies. I got a yellow label on mine with brown text.

No shit. I just spent some serious dough thinking there was only 1 copy. Damn, Phill you got those matrix numbers or did you find out the difference between copies. I got a yellow label on mine with brown text.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but yellow label = mid 90's reissue. That's the word I've gotten on it. Definitely not an original pressing, though.

• baggiobaggio 62 Posts
    For Real? Man that sucks. I've got Solid Smoke 1981. What colour is your label?

For Real? Man that sucks. I've got Solid Smoke 1981. What colour is your label?

Beige-ish label w/ purple print. Is your matrix # on Side A SS8012-A 36394 A(2)?

• baggiobaggio 62 Posts
    Dude, thanks for your help in this. I as well have 36394 A2 on the number on side 1. 36395 B2 on side two. Writing is purple, label I would say is an off yellow. Man I'm confused. What about your record sleeve, is it just a white regular sleeve?

Dude, thanks for your help in this. I as well have 36394 A2 on the number on side 1. 36395 B2 on side two. Writing is purple, label I would say is an off yellow. Man I'm confused. What about your record sleeve, is it just a white regular sleeve?

No, my copies do not have that matrix #. That is the matrix # on the reissue, which is what you have, I'm afraid. And the white sleeve is also a sign of a re- the original has a clear plastic sleeve.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    yall are some fuckin NERRRRRRRRRRRRRRDDDDDSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

nerds though,

yall are some fuckin NERRRRRRRRRRRRRRDDDDDSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

nerds though,

Word up... those nerdy ass details make a big difference in the value of the record, though!
    Don't make me post pics on here of me posin' with my gun collection, tripledub! Then we'll really be talkin' about Don't get it
    twisted...