Private Aussie terds for trade

KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
edited March 2006 in Vinyl Wants / Trades
Some weird bits and peices that I've been hoarding for a minute. Check this stuff out. Most of it is pretty godo, and also pretty hard to find over here - which means you won't find it overseas unless it's in AP's collection!All these are Aussie titles (and not pressed outside the country, of course) except for the weird-ass Weather report LP at the end. All records are at least EX (and many are NM). If you're interested in something, PM me with some trades. Fourmula 2 - s/t LP[/b]Weird-ass country record for the most part, with a husband and wife team performing covers and medleys and shit like that. If it wasn't for the strangely country-yet-funky cover of Joe Tex's 'Show me', this would be garbage, but there it is, with a few nice little drum breaks thrown in too! Not amazing breaks, but still breaks nonetheless. Dont hat.Katoomba High School band - s/t LP[/b]High school band crappola and a lame ass orchestra playing lame ass standards, but it has a cover of 'put your hand in the hand' which starts with a break, but when I say break, the drums sound like freakin feather dusters in the mix. The cover font looks so promising though. A cheap terd. Forrest Graduates - s/t LP[/b] Nice jazz rock stuff, but the highlight is the really quite funky and good cover of '2001: A Space odyssey' that opens with an open bass and then funky drums for a couple of bars before the other instruments kick in. really quite good and pretty rare in the scheme of these types of things. Not really well known either (unlike the katoomba high aschool band). Solid Rock Big band - Live in concert LP[/b]These guys did another slightly funky Lp too, and this LP is also slightly funky. Way beter than the Katoomba LP, but that wouldn't be hard. Christians singing about Jesus in whats obviously a lo-fi production. Not very common. Only ever found this very copy. Contemporary Jazz Ensemble - As is one LP 1979[/b]Custom EMI pressing of this avant guard jazz album. Pretty unusual since not much of this type of thing was really happening in Australia. As it goes, this is probably pretty rare and I do not know anyone else that knows this record. The music is pretty good jazz if that's your bag. I probably want the most for this title too. Nebula - No standing LP 1983[/b]Faily average sounding fusion, though this is private terd fusion, so I suppose that makes it better? The Yin Yan - Easy in your company LP 1977[/b]Werid ass Chinese Australian duo singing hits and modernised Chinese traditional songs that get a bit funky and a bit discoesque in places. Singing can be a bit irritating but god bless their souls for trying. Trisha Watts - a touch of mystery LP 1981[/b]This is pretty placid vocal stuff, and I dunno really why I bought this except a friend of mine featured a track off this on a mix he did. I don't really remember which one to be honest. No breaks, but a private terd. Emergency Ward - s/t 2LP[/b]Released in 1979 by the Australian Marijuana Party, this is really a dounle LP compilation of weird-ass rock, psych, jazz and spoof trad numbers about the holy weed. Pretty good stuff if this is what you like, but it probbaly holds more comic than musical value at the end of the day. Nice gatefold cover too. 99.9% of the song titles are obviously or metaphorically about drugs. Note. There is a 0.01% margin of error in that calculation. Weather Report - Solarization's LP private/bootleg [/b]Weird live Lp pressed in USA containing mostly tracks from one of their studio LPs from a few years earlier, though this is dated 1977 as far as I can tell. Long tracks on either side, and the labels are marked 'promotional copy'. Titles are 'mysterious traveller', 'nubian sundance', 'american tango' and 'black torn rose.' Never seen this before so I dunno what it's worth. Oh, it includes Zawinul on keys and Wayne Shorter on sax among other names that sound familiar.