1968 vs. 1975

Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
Same music, different pressing:1968:1975:Smoky club to stoned-out cosmic bliss, man.

Comments

• JazoistJazoist 78 Posts
    Yes, I know. I got the later one, was cheap but visually alright. I got 2 others by Lee Gagnon, from my Quebec connection, it's almost entirely a decorative artist I suppose. I remember you sold that 'J??r??mie' for up until $500, but nowadays it's not that elaborate to get one I suppose ?

Are you actually blowing a saxophone in the image of your avatar, or is it just mischieveous behaviour ?

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    Yes, I know. I got the later one, was cheap but visually alright. I got 2 others by Lee Gagnon, from my Quebec connection, it's almost entirely a decorative artist I suppose. I remember you sold that 'J??r??mie' for up until $500, but nowadays it's not that elaborate to get one I suppose ?

I don't think J??r??mie currently sells for more than $100. It's used to reasonably common only two or three years ago; now it's extremely difficult to find in the field and I think anything up to $150 for a clean copy is fair.

Sadly, that's not me in my avatar. It's a fellow named Tom and he is most definitely not playing any instrument. He's probably considering the mark-up on some recently acquired hot merchandise.

I'll have a listen at the other two 'Je jazze.." and "jazzzz". Lee Gagnon (jr?) was a real hip jazzter. I wonder why he ended his career with a commercial issue (mushroom cover) which probably didn't even sell like it was meant to. I would have appreciated some more, loosely and introspective, albums of an artist of this kind.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    Lee Gagnon had a lot of success, and continues to have a lot of succes, in the soundtrack business. He's still available for hire. Contact information is available, should anyone be interested.

Yes, he is still alive. You convinced me, he's still prevailing matter.