9 TRILLION

dayday 9,612 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
$9,000,000,000,000[/b]Whaaaaaa? I remember staring at the TV at work when that douche was elected in 2000 thinking "we're fucked". Looks like I was right in more ways than one."WASHINGTON (AP) -- The Senate voted Thursday to allow the national debt to swell to nearly $9 trillion, preventing a first-ever default on U.S. Treasury notes."great.

Comments

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I was listening to this on NPR this morning and was going to put it up as soon as I found an article online about it.

This is yet another story that should be huge but most likely will be off the news headlines by sundown.

Theres nothing sexy in reporting how were pushing our debt higher and higher

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Can't the federal government just ask Rey for a loan or something?

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    This is yet another story that should be huge but most likely will be off the news headlines by sundown.

Theres nothing sexy in reporting how were pushing our debt higher and higher

Basically, yeah. It's pretty goddamn pathetic, but at this point, I'm starting to think "outrage fatigue" is a real thing. This is huge--the U.S. is extremely fucked financially--but you're not going to hear much about it.

• SooksSooks 714 Posts
    If that 9 trillion were spent on $300 mulatus, then the pile of mulatus (assuming each is a quarter of an inch thick) would reach 118 miles, half the way to the International Space Station.