FANYPACK

soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
Other than spelling their name with one too many "N"'s, I'm really digging this group. Their new album SEE YOU NEXT TUESDAY is really fun throwback doubledutch rap cheerleader electro drumline ish that Gwen Stefani only wishes she could do. Plus not only do they give our man U*rrs a shoutout in their new CD and sample LIVE CONVENTION 82 on one track, but they have lyrics Soulstrutters will love:
I always wanna punch people wearing Von Dutch
Trucker hats oh lord I hate em so much
As well as lyrics North Carolinians (and Stones Throw haters, i.e. Soulstrutters) will love:
North Cackalacka South Cackalacka
Make some fuckin noise for Fanypackalacka
Smack all you bitchass backpackalackas

LETS GET FAMOUS

Comments

• I heard their new 12" the other day and I wasn't feeling it. I was looking forward to it cuz I liked their other stuff, but there's like so much needless guitar in that new song it sounded goofy. There's like a big ass heavy metal guitar solo in it if I remember correctly.

I need to revisit it I guess.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    I like them cause they're butchy and cutesy and scrappy and girly.

Did I mention I haven't heard a second of their music but have seen their name and photos for over a year now...

Do sound clips exist?

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    THEY REAL EAZY ON THE EYES, INDEED

CAMELTOE FOR DAYZ

FANYPAP PLAESE

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    I like them cause they're butchy and cutesy and scrappy and girly.

Did I mention I haven't heard a second of their music but have seen their name and photos for over a year now...

Total party music. Kinda like Missy Elliott if anybody had bought her last album. Or Gwen Stefani if she had a clue? Or M.I.A. minus the political content? That ballpark. You know. The ballpark where the mascots punched out the ballplayers and the crowd rushed the greens for a dance party with the cheerleaders.

"Don't jump over the fence... cos it don't make no sense!"

Do sound clips exist?

iTunes got clips. Turntablelab also has soundclips for any 12"s they have in stock.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    coolest name for an album EVER!!!

my homegirl used to say that all the time when a customer she didn't like came into her store..."ok thanks so much, see you next tuesday"

C
    U
    N ext
    T uesday

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    Funny, I remember this guy Fancy or whatever he calls himself now who put these chicks together from back in the mid-90s when he was a promoter for lounge parties in NYC... doing lip-synchs to Frank Sinatra Songs and stuff, his (then truly gorgeous) sidekick at the time later got breast implants and tried to get famous as a topless DJ and now works on a career as the singer of a really bad Heavy Metal Band in LA, looks like a bulimic drag queen (with implants)

is it sad, or is it funny... like any good entertainment, a little bit of both.

• KARLITOKARLITO 991 Posts
    really bad Heavy Metal Band in LA,
    Tila Tequila?

• "KEEP IT UP" will tear up fany dancefloors in 05.
    insane-o production.
    great album
    mike

put these chicks together from back in the mid-90s when he was a promoter for lounge parties in NYC... doing lip-synchs to Frank Sinatra Songs and stuff, his (then truly gorgeous) sidekick at the time later got breast implants and tried to get famous as a topless DJ and now works on a career as the singer of a really bad Heavy Metal Band in LA, looks like a bulimic drag queen (with implants)

Sounds like a plan!

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    OK... I just had to share this...

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Funny, I remember this guy Fancy at whatever he calls himself now who put these chicks together from back in the mid-90s when he was a promoter for lounge parties in NYC... doing lip-synchs to Frank Sinatra Songs and stuff, his (then truly gorgeous) sidekick at the time later got breast implants and tried to get famous as a topless DJ and now works on a career as the singer of a really bad Heavy Metal Band in LA, looks like a bulimic drag queen (with implants)

sounds like a Werner Fassbinder/Gregg Araki film collaboration.

OK - I heard a couple of clips and it is indeed party music -I don't think I'd stay at the party for more than two or three shotguns, but I'd go...if I was invited...

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    camel toe was mos definatly the jam.. and always came in handy when some chick was actually rockin said toe on the dance floor.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    If you like Fannypack checkout Gravy train. Same style but better music. I've seen Gravy Train perform twice and had a blast both times. First time I danced with this hot emo/hipster chick and, if not for a mouth full of potatoe chips after the show, probably could have scored. Long story. Too much beer. Fun as hell.

http://gimmegravytrain.com/

II danced with this hot emo/hipster chick and, if not for a mouth full of potatoe chips after the show, probably could have scored.

Kottonmouth BJ?

• KARLITOKARLITO 991 Posts
    Gravy train.
    I beg to differ, same shit as Fannypack but worse beats and uglier people. Sound like a winning combo? Not to me.