Biggie & Mister C freestyle question

cardovacardova 743 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
I can't get these two Biggie freestyles out of my mind: on one he does the intro on top of Ellie's Love Theme from the Shaft OST and proceeds to rhyme on top of Casual's I Didn't Mean To, on the other he's rhyming on top of various Dr Dre beats from the time. Which MR C tapes did these first appear on and was there one of those Tape Kingz vinyls for either one like there was for many other Mister C & Doo Wop freestyles? I used to have both on one of them DETT bootlegs, but seem to have lost it years ago.

Comments

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    rhyming on top of various Dr Dre beats from the time

this is the "on the road to riches & diamond rings, real n*gg*z do real things..." one isn't it?

I seem to remember that being hot.

I have that ellies love theme one on vinyl with the biggie & tupac garden freestyle somewhere...

---

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    I have that ellies love theme one on vinyl with the biggie & tupac garden freestyle somewhere...

Yeah, that one was still in print until very recently, I don't see it anywhere now... don't think it had a title, but one label just shows pics of BIG and Jay...

I think the Dre beats one is on the UNRELEASED & UNLEASHED double LP UK import, which is mostly really shitty quality audio, but thats the *only* way you can get a lot of that stuff

• cardovacardova 743 Posts

this is the "on the road to riches & diamond rings, real n*gg*z do real things..." one isn't it?

that's the one, hot indeed.

---

i have the biggie & tupac garden freestyle, but don't remember it having that
    other one... i might be confusing them though.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    There were a couple or records with just freestyles put out in around 97-98. Just with white labels and bold fonts by a couple of DJ's. I forget the DJ's who put them out. They were just freestyles. One was Mister Cee...

There was a biggie joint on one of them... Barely remember it tho...

I'm looking for the Masta Ace freestyle off one of those records. With the verse " Kick Frosty in the snowballz"

• this is the "on the road to riches & diamond rings, real n*gg*z do real things..." one isn't it?

that's the one, hot indeed.

---

i have the biggie & tupac garden freestyle, but don't remember it having that
    other one... i might be confusing them though.

I have a bad boy promo with the garden freestyle and the ellies theme one on the flip of - I think - I got a story to tell. I'll have a look at home tonight and confirm that tomorrow though, if no-one else comes through

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

That sounds great, but I don't think there's anyway that could not be a bootleg

The UNRELEASED & UNLEASHED record I mentioned above has Bad Boy labels, but is not a legit release at all...

• That sounds great, but I don't think there's anyway that could not be a bootleg

The UNRELEASED & UNLEASHED record I mentioned above has Bad Boy labels, but is not a legit release at all...

Could be a boot, I'll have a look tonight and report back with the details later. I bought it ages ago so can't really remember the details, I wanted it for the garden freestyle, which is one of my all time faves.

• sonofsamsonofsam 680 Posts
    i have a 2 LP of the mister c mixtape... it has a picture on the labels of biggie sitting in a throne, and says "king of new york"... it has all those freestyles (not the garden though), but it is mixed... i also have the tape kingz one "brooknam's finest freestyles" with the garden, "biggie smalls is the wickedest", and i think one other

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    That sounds great, but I don't think there's anyway that could not be a bootleg

Could be a boot, I'll have a look tonight and report back with the details later. I bought it ages ago so can't really remember the details, I wanted it for the garden freestyle, which is one of my all time faves.

i don't think it was a boot...is that the one with "every record label sucks dick" from Ra the Rugged man on it? I thought it was just promo only...friend o mine has it and it looks pretty official..."n*ggaz say i'm pussy, I dare you to stick your dick in this.."

There's simply no way Puff would be dropping non-Bad Boy material on BB, not even BIG, not even promo-only

The back of BIG's bio has a fairly comprehensive discography, including all the promo-only stuff...

There are boots with very realistic-looking labels though

• There were a couple or records with just freestyles put out in around 97-98. Just with white labels and bold fonts by a couple of DJ's. I forget the DJ's who put them out. They were just freestyles. One was Mister Cee...

There was a biggie joint on one of them... Barely remember it tho...

I'm looking for the Masta Ace freestyle off one of those records. With the verse " Kick Frosty in the snowballz"

ase was doing that verse at alot of appearances back then. I have him doing it on a couple different radio shows when I took him around for his promo tour that year. I will try to dig them up, convert and post

• There's simply no way Puff would be dropping non-Bad Boy material on BB, not even BIG, not even promo-only

The back of BIG's bio has a fairly comprehensive discography, including all the promo-only stuff...

There are boots with very realistic-looking labels though

Ok, here's the lowdown on that 'promo' that I have. It came in a plain white sleeve, with a fully printed black and white bad boy label (doesn't look like a scan job, and the full producer credits are on there). The catalogue number is Bad Boy Promo BBDPO-60699, with that cat no etched in the runout groove. The track list looks like this:

Side A: Cars and Sex (W/ Grandaddy IU & Sadat X) (Vocal)
    Cars and Sex (Accapella)
    I got a story to tell (Vocal)
    I got a story to tell (Inst)
    Side B: Biggie Smalls is the wickedest (dirty)
    Biggie Smalls is the wickedest (clean)
    Garden Freestyle (dirty)
    Garden Freestyle (clean)

The 'wickedest' track is that one over the Casual beat with ellie's theme as an intro. The print job and overall quality of the pressing - compared to the other bad boy records I have, which are 100% pucker) - leads me to believe that this is the genuine article.

I couldn't find a comprehensive bad boy discog online, so I could be wrong, but either way I'm not too bothered, 'cos it's a quality four tracker, with great sound quality.

• cardovacardova 743 Posts
    damn i need to find me one of these.

• I can't get these two Biggie freestyles out of my mind:
    on one he does the intro on top of Ellie's Love Theme from the Shaft OST and proceeds to rhyme on top of Casual's I Didn't Mean To, on the other he's rhyming on top of various Dr Dre beats from the time.
    Which MR C tapes did these first appear on and was there one of those Tape Kingz vinyls for either one like there was for many other Mister C & Doo Wop freestyles?

I used to have both on one of them DETT bootlegs, but seem to have lost it years ago.

Posted this many months back in the Favorite Biggie Verse Thread.

Anyways I believe this is where the freestyle first showed up. It is THE BEST OF NOTORIOUS B.I.G. Someone is selling a CD version of it on ebay whether it is a dub or OG I don't know probably a boot.