Goddamn homie

Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
Verisign Payment Services, A Division of Paypal, Inc.
and I thought I wasn't gonna have to deal with paypal on my website!

Comments

• Jesus, dude, sever all ties with that! I know trustworthy alternatives if you need them.

Whatever happened to 'bidpay'? Were they bought out by Payal?

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    Verisign Payment Services, A Division of Paypal, Inc.

and I thought I wasn't gonna have to deal with paypal on my website!

!!

not if they have any say in it.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Jesus, dude, sever all ties with that! I know trustworthy alternatives if you need them.

Bidpay doesn't exist anymore and it sucked to begin with.

It's fine, they just send info from my site to my credit card processing firm, but I had no idea they were owned by paypal.

It seems like there are so many virtual monopolies these days. Someone in politics should really crack down. I won't lose any sleep waiting for it though.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    a lot of the sites i buy from lately use 'authorize.net'

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    a lot of the sites i buy from lately use 'authorize.net'

This is a pretty reputable online processor of CC and e-commerce transactions. They have virtual terminals, etc too. Good customer service from what I recall.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Jesus, dude, sever all ties with that! I know trustworthy alternatives if you need them.

Bidpay doesn't exist anymore and it sucked to begin with.

It's fine, they just send info from my site to my credit card processing firm, but I had no idea they were owned by paypal.

It seems like there are so many virtual monopolies these days. Someone in politics should really crack down. I won't lose any sleep waiting for it though.

This merger occured last October or so. My company has been using verisign for 6 years so I had little choice... not that I have any gripes with PayPal (other than their seller is guilty until proven innocent policy).

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    It's kind of six-of-one, half-dozen-of-the-other. Verisign is the industry standard. I am still gonna switch (if I still can) because I have a real hatred of Paypal, Inc.

• DJCireDJCire 729 Posts
    Yeah crazy! We've used Verisign for years also at the company I work at and just realized the switch last month... We're trying to switch over to www.paymentech.com but I don't know much else about the latter...

• DJCireDJCire 729 Posts
    Yeah crazy right? The company I work for had used verisign for many years and we barely noticed the switch last month. We're in the process of switching over some transactions to this other company called www.paymentech.com. I don't know much about it but we'll see what happens...