What the F*** Happened to Levi Stubbs???

funky16cornersfunky16corners 7,175 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
There was a Four Tops 50th Anniversary special on PBS last night and Levi Stubbs comes out in a wheelchair looking super feeble. Anyone know what happened to him? Stroke???

Comments

• crazypoprockcrazypoprock 1,037 Posts
    i was watching that last night for a minute...i was wondering why the four tops looked so young...that must have been the 70s incarnation i saw?

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    I heard that Ronnie Mcneir is singing in the group now.

---

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    There was a Four Tops 50th Anniversary special on PBS last night and Levi Stubbs comes out in a wheelchair looking super feeble. Anyone know what happened to him? Stroke???

I noticed PBS is doing a whole series where they are dragging people who can hardly talk out to sing. There's a thin line between tribute and some kinda hosploitation.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I'm wearing levis right now, and the brass stubs are still there.

You need to head to the mall or something.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts

I was wondering myself. A friend of mine saw the Four Tops live a few summers ago and said that Levi wasn't in the group at all by that point.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Had a stroke and a mild heart attack a couple of years ago I believe, maybe 2002? There were rumours that he had cancer.

Sorry to hear he's not looking any better.

• There was a Four Tops 50th Anniversary special on PBS last night and Levi Stubbs comes out in a wheelchair looking super feeble. Anyone know what happened to him? Stroke???

I was wondering myself. A friend of mine saw the Four Tops live a few summers ago and said that Levi wasn't in the group at all by that point.

That's just wrong. No Levi Stubbs = No Four Tops...

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts

That's just wrong. No Levi Stubbs = No Four Tops...

yeah, but no Four Tops = no way for the two remaining Tops to make money (another original Top died), so out on the road they go